HTC No 3g symbol?

Riffbear

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
HI guys
I just noticed that on my phone it shows the letter H with up and a down arrow.
Shouldnt it be showing 3G ?

When I went back to my iphone to shows 3g...

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It swaps between networks I this h is for hspa I think not 100% sure. Then 3g is the next down followed by 2g and edge. Least my mobile goes fastest on H

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

Riffbear

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It swaps between networks I this h is for hspa I think not 100% sure. Then 3g is the next down followed by 2g and edge. Least my mobile goes fastest on H

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

I thought these phones are just 2g 3g and 4g.. whats H??
Im having reception issues too.. Sometimes no bars and an X comes up with a message saying "text will be sent when network found"
My iphone no issues :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is 2g (edge), 3g, then 3g (but they call it 4g or H which means 3g with HSPA back haul... Basically faster than normal 3g), then 4g LTE.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You are combining and confusing mobile data generation terms with mobile data technology terms. The "g" in 3g just means generation. There are different technologies that fall within the 3g standard and some companies designate certain 3g technologies as 4g since they are capable of similar speeds. HSPA + is one of those technologies. If you want to know more just do some Google searching for the difference between 3 and 4G. There's several good articles I've read. The simple explanation is that the One and the iPhone are both using the HSPA network but one is programmed to show 3g (the iPhone) while the other is programmed to show H (One). It's simply about how they are programmed.