HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain the point of digital zoom in photos? Wouldn't it just be better to zoom in and crop afterwards to reduce the shakiness? Or is there some extra sharpening or smoothing going on when you zoom?

Thanks,

Tom

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please explain the point of digital zoom in photos? Wouldn't it just be better to zoom in and crop afterwards to reduce the shakiness? Or is there some extra sharpening or smoothing going on when you zoom?

Thanks,

Tom

I've said this before and I'll say it again. You should never use digital zoom. Whether on a phone or a standalone camera it's useless. I'm sure the option remains because people use it but never ever are the results good. And yes, if you really need to zoom into a picture without actual optical adjustment just crop and enlarge. You are spot on with the issue of blur and such.

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
This is a pic I took earlier today with macro settings.. pretty clear :)

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369991308036.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369991308036.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 60

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've said this before and I'll say it again. You should never use digital zoom. Whether on a phone or a standalone camera it's useless. I'm sure the option remains because people use it but never ever are the results good. And yes, if you really need to zoom into a picture without actual optical adjustment just crop and enlarge. You are spot on with the issue of blur and such.

Thanks, this is what I thought. I just can't seem to get some people to understand this. Video zoom is a bit different as it's much harder to digitally zoom a video afterwards but even then , you're losing some quality.

Tom

IanP62

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I am getting similar problems with blurry pictures on my HTC One but just on the right hand side in landscape mode. It does take lots of good pictures but every ten or so I get some right duff ones! It maybe my imagination but it seems to have started with the last update a couple of months back? I have checked the lens etc for smudges, and as I said not all pictures turn out like this but is very annoying when they do? HTC One Blurry Photos by ianp62 | Photobucket

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems great either way so far. Enjoying it :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Attachments

• 1372278877406.jpg
    1372278877406.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 1372278896614.jpg
    1372278896614.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 47

IanP62

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One does take some very good pictures, it just seems to have this blurring issue from time to time. Not sure if it is a hardware or software issue, guess I will have to get it looked at and possible exchanged?

Diversion00

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I am getting similar problems with blurry pictures on my HTC One but just on the right hand side in landscape mode. It does take lots of good pictures but every ten or so I get some right duff ones! It maybe my imagination but it seems to have started with the last update a couple of months back? I have checked the lens etc for smudges, and as I said not all pictures turn out like this but is very annoying when they do? HTC One Blurry Photos by ianp62 | Photobucket

i have a similiar problem with my htc one, but for the left side. could you resolve your problem?

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One does take some very good pictures, it just seems to have this blurring issue from time to time. Not sure if it is a hardware or software issue, guess I will have to get it looked at and possible exchanged?

Giving the camera a little extra time to focus solved this for me. There is zero shutter lag on the htc one. If you click the shutter before it's focused it will take the picture right then. That is unlike any other camera phone or camera with auto focus enabled that I've had in the past.
This isn't bad, just requires more attention and patience to get good shots.

Posted via Android Central App

IanP62

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Problem sorted, as I thought my HTC One did have a fault and has now been replaced with a new unit by Carphone Warehouse. Thanks for the advice.

vinod2106

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi EveryOne,
I bought new HTC one 3 days ago. But I was very disappointed with it's camera. Most of the times I am getting blurry images specially when I try to capture something which is 10 feet away. I tried every settings changes the problem remains. Attached are some photos. I am making my mind to ask for a return.

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 24

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi EveryOne,
I bought new HTC one 3 days ago. But I was very disappointed with it's camera. Most of the times I am getting blurry images specially when I try to capture something which is 10 feet away. I tried every settings changes the problem remains. Attached are some photos. I am making my mind to ask for a return.

Hey, vinod. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I'm no great photographer and it helped me, so...

I have my camera set up to take the picture upon tapping the screen. The beauty here is, when you tap the screen, it will focus on that subject first. Then, once it has adjusted the lens to do so, it automatically snaps the picture, or Zoe. I have had very good luck, taking many very high-quality pics in the past couple of months. Are they up to my Sony CyberShot? No. But, it's a phone, not a camera with a 35mm lens with 12X optical zoom. If I really need spectacular shots, I rely on that; if it's simple images (to share with friends or on social media), the One does just fine!

Good luck.

vinod2106

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes this also solved my problem but you have to little patient before it's adjust it's focus. I found it usually tales 5-10 secs to adjust. But waiting every time you open camera is not good for such an expensive phone !

vinod2106

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution you just have to wait a few seconds 5-10 in my case for the focus to adjust but again for such an expensive phone it should not happen.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes this also solved my problem but you have to little patient before it's adjust it's focus. I found it usually tales 5-10 secs to adjust. But waiting every time you open camera is not good for such an expensive phone !

Definitely DON'T have to wait that long. Maybe one to two seconds, usually less than one. If that is the case, take this to your store and show them. Then, take a pic the same way with one of theirs. It needs replacing, if that's what it is doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174