HTC One (M8): My battery life sucks what's wrong?

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you have a "clean" setup, the only thing I can think of is signal strength - cellular or wifi. I have found that loading a bunch of seemingly harmless utilities or widgets is fine right up until it isn't. Schedulers, apps that take over notifications, widgets, etc in some combination always seem to have a big impact on performance and battery life. After the initial charge, I loaded alot of apps, setup Nova launcher, messaging, etc and after 2 days of alot of playing, it was 19% after 48 hours - best I've ever seen in a phone. Off the charger for 3 hours this morning, checked email 3-4 times, a couple txt's and brief browsing and I'm still at 99%.

Jun Alcanites

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The last 2 days I have noticed that when I am at work where I have very poor reception(1 bar), my battery sucks. I work at the inner part of the building right outside the computer room. When I am at home, my battery seems to last a lot longer.

I unplugged my phone from the charger at 7:15 AM at 100%. It is now 10:51 AM and I am down to 79% with minimal useage.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I bearly watched YouTube. Should I take my device to carrier for replacement?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If they will give you one, it could not hurt. Mine has great battery life.

I suspect you may have an app draining your battery. It may be an app that is not optimized well.

By the way, I don't believe in sacrificing all of your services to conserve battery life. It defeats the purpose of having a premium phone.

The only battery saving technique I use is auto brightness unless I am watching a video or taking pictures.

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is great, I regularly get 7 hours screen on time. I use my phone pretty heavily too, I'm constantly on this forum, web browsing, gaming, watching movies, etc. It has held up extremely well imo

uploadfromtaptalk1397849029289.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: My battery life sucks what's wrong ?

Ha! Do you even use your phone at all?

Absolutely that was a light use day, yesterday I was on moderate to heavy use and got 16.5 hours and had 2?left before I charged

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I can't exactly say the same just yet. Do you mind sharing some of the battery saving tips that worked for you?

i watched the Samsung Galaxy tips video from above, and adjusted settings from my experience with the Thunderbolt (ie: turn off assisted dialing, as well as a few others). My Location is in battery saving mode (if and when i need it i switch to high accuracy). i keep it on wi-fi when i can and don't need to be notified when it is available(i can check myself). Wi-fi optimization is checked..etc. i manually sync. Signal strength has a lot to to with it also. it is a work in progress and i am constantly reading tips that others have posted here.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you have not already done so, I would also reduce the screen brightness. The screen uses the highest percentage of batter.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Xenus87

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys, i have this phone from friday, 2nd time in charge.See this pic:
IMG_0063.jpg

When i see a 1-2 min video on youtube my battery go down 1-2%.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

What I've noticed with mine is that it drains pretty quicky with about 15 hours of use and 2 1/2 of screen time with the "4g lte" ON.

From from i've observed from other users they don't have the "let" turned on just the 4G.

I'll try to switch mine with just the 4G. Cheers!

Side note: Gps ON, Sync ON, Wifi ON,a couple of YOUTUBE, Some MANGA reading, FB, BLinkfeed

Axefire

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

Ditto - after roughly 10 hrs, including about 2 + hrs of talking, many texts, some internet, 4G LTE (VZW), wifi, and about an hour of the talk time on bluetooth in my car, I'm anywhere between 55% and 70% - this is by far the best phone I've owned to date....I can go 2 days before worrying about a charge (but I still fully charge it every night)...

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have read all great reviews on the battery life but mine only makes it about 9 hours then I have 20% left that's with playing no games about 15 mins of calls a few texts and a little YouTube it just keeps draining it is new so I don't know if batterys have to run threw a few cycles before it gets better but if some could help me out I would appreciate it greatly.

Posted via Android Central App

I had to return my first unit after a day. Had the same problems you are having. I should have known something was up when it came out of the box dead. The Sprint girl had to charge it just to get it activated. Exchanged it without incident and the new one works just fine. I've been getting about 36 hours before needing to charge with moderate use.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to return my first unit after a day. Had the same problems you are having. I should have known something was up when it came out of the box dead. The Sprint girl had to charge it just to get it activated. Exchanged it without incident and the new one works just fine. I've been getting about 36 hours before needing to charge with moderate use.

Any print screen sir?

jkdem85

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand when someone claims they got 30 hours with heavy or moderate use. That is impossible. A true power user barely gets a full day of battery on a light use day. Look at battery tests 8 hours on screen time kills virtually any phone battery and a true power user does this every day.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand when someone claims they got 30 hours with heavy or moderate use. That is impossible. A true power user barely gets a full day of battery on a light use day. Look at battery tests 8 hours on screen time kills virtually any phone battery and a true power user does this every day.
funny,because i have posted screen shots,i have gotten nearly three days on a single charge,without using any sort of power saving mode,and that's with moderate to heavy usage.

JohnstonCrazy

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

My HTC has never lasted more than 3 hours with use. If I don't use it I can get 12 hours. I lose about 1% every couple of minutes with any use. If I'm on the phone with it plugged in it actually loses battery faster than it gains.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

My HTC has never lasted more than 3 hours with use. If I don't use it I can get 12 hours. I lose about 1% every couple of minutes with any use. If I'm on the phone with it plugged in it actually loses battery faster than it gains.

I'd do a factory reset

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174