HTC One M8 Notifications during call

jeffmill

May 4, 2014
Visit site
How do I make notifications silent during a call? My ears are bleeding from loud notifications that come in while on a call. Should be easier to find than it is.

Posted via Android Central App

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
There is... Go to phone then click settings in phone app and it will have a check box to make notifications vibrate or ring during a call.

insol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am with Jeff and mchockey... It is certainly not there and I have looked ALL over. VERY VERY odd. Worse for me because the incoming notification disrupts my phone call (makes the audio very static-y, both incoming and outgoing preventing hearing clearly) when on bluetooth.

I have traced the problem to the notification arriving while on a call by using Verizon's support number (*611) and having it send me my current billing status (option 1, then 1) via text while I am on bluetooth: should anyone like to test it. The static lasts exactly 20 seconds (default notification length). I have tried turning of notifications in my messaging app(s) so I would get no notifications at all, but it still happens.

So I am trying very hard to find where I can stop the IN-CALL notifications. And as Jeff and mcHockey note, the typical settings are just not there (but are on all my other phones: Samsung S3, S4, HTC Evo, etc.). I am using a S-Off'd, rooted, but stock VZ HTC One M8 and it does not have the setting anywhere that I can find, and I have spent hours....

jeffmill

May 4, 2014
Visit site
You are correct. However all other android phones I have had allow for the notifications to be automatically turned to silent or vibrate during a call. Nobody is debating or questioning how to adjust notification volume. Let's assume that no android phones ever had this feature. Wouldn't that be rediculius?

Diegoac3

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the same. It should be a way to turn this notifications off. I also found very annoying the noise when you finish a call. That beep is the worse. Please help

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just setup my HTC One M8 yesterday and I could have sworn I saw a setting for this in Phone settings. I just looked again and can't find it for love or money. Weird.

jeffmill

May 4, 2014
Visit site
SUCCESS! Apparently that little checkbox under sound settings that says "Use ringtone volume for Notifications" does 2 things. It separates the volume settings and also appears to silence the notifications during a call. If you ask me it is a horrible place and way to do it. Weird. I only found this after chatting with HTC.

Dave Lott

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 (Verizon) Loud! No, extremely loud! Blow out my bluetooth headset loud! Or blowout my car speakers loud! No, I'm not talking about music, I am talking about the end of call BEEP! that if you don't get your headset off in time then your ears will be ringing for a while. And if you are using your car speakers to listen to music when a call comes through then all the people riding in your car will want to fight you if you don't somehow get the volume turned way down quickly before the other person hangs up because if you don't, then BEEP! And oh it hurts. After many tech support calls to Verizon and HTC on this issue, the solution is to turn the call volume down so low that you can barely hear the other caller, then the end of call beep volume would still be loud but not painfully so. I hoped that kit-kat would fix this... but no. I tried trading in the phone and that didn't help. HTC and Verizon are pointing fingers at each other on this problem. Great phone, wonderful phone, but with this problem the rating would go down from 5 stars to 2 stars and I would not buy this phone again.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
SUCCESS! Apparently that little checkbox under sound settings that says "Use ringtone volume for Notifications" does 2 things. It separates the volume settings and also appears to silence the notifications during a call. If you ask me it is a horrible place and way to do it. Weird. I only found this after chatting with HTC.

I was just about to post this. Good thing I read through the thread.

edit to add:

I have "Volume Ace Free" widget loaded and it allows you to adjust a bunch of different volumes all in one place along with creating sound profiles that can me switched to right from the widget. I've been using it for years (since my OG Droid).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary