HTC One M8 -- "Unfortunately, (insert process name here) has stopped." Can't even use phone.

rob_bor5

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 -- "Unfortunately, (insert process name here) has stopped." Can't even use phone.

Hi,
First of all, mikeyneedshelp great description of the problem. I also am having exactly the same issue as you are. And each time I have this problem I always lose recent texts, recent messages from WhatsApp, certain phone numbers. So it's really annoying.

Have you guys realized that this problem started affecting us all recently - within the past 2 months? Any idea why?

Lastly, Arturo Lopez66 - your solution seems to have worked for me up to a certain extent. I unfortunately still lost some recent information. In any case, it seems like your solution is only a temporary solution because I will still be required to clear the cache from those apps every once in a while to avoid the phone from crashing.

Does anybody know of a long term solution? And why this even happens in the first place? I haven't been able to pin point the cause. Therefore I dont know what I need to stop doing to avoid this from being a recurring event - I've had to reformat everything 4 times in the past 6-7 weeks.

Steve Betzhold1

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 -- "Unfortunately, (insert process name here) has stopped." Can't even use phone.

Arturo Lopez66 - thank you so much. Your process worked on my daughters One M8. Crazy weird problem. Hoping it doesn't come back.

bkelley02

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Arturo Lopez66 you are the MAN!!!! Thank you. I thought I had a brick in my hands and most of the information I need to do my work is on this phone.

Thank you! Worked perfectly. Now I just have to wait patiently for all the updates to apply!

novasuiyui10

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I had the same issue the other day, was something to do with Google Play Sevices... Try this if you can...

Go to Settings > Apps.
Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Services” app.
Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.

or

Go to Settings > Apps.
Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Services Framework” app.
Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.

Frustrating is an understatement.......

Dear emilio, your solution is so much helpful..i disabled and clear cache for htc sense and google play service..it works!!

Arturo Lopez616

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

So glad to hear it worked for you too. I just knew there was a way and I wasn't willing to lose everything just to not have it work. =)

Arturo Lopez66 - thank you so much. Your process worked on my daughters One M8. Crazy weird problem. Hoping it doesn't come back.

alakazam12346

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

Had to get to settings. Apps. Went to Sense Home. Long press storage, cleared data. It wiped Home screen but at least now I can get to the Home screens,without the popup that Sense has stopped.

It worked dude THANKS😂😂😚

Heather Dawson1

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

Hi mine is having the exact same problem as yours, did you sort yours mine is really getting to me now

the eos

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site

same problem here with my one m9. i was listening to music on spotify decided to risk taking a picture with only 11% battery life left. immediately phone turned off. this happens once in a while. but this time 'unfortunately sense home has stopped working' just kept popping up. fortunately i was able to manuver around with the home bottom to bring up this forum.

someone suggested to go to the app in settings and force stop google play services. i tried that but it didnt work. so i decided to scroll down a bit more

in the drop down menu tap on settings
scroll down to apps
scroll to sense home
click on force stop
click on storage and clear cache and clear data

likely you dont have to clear cache and clear data or for that matted click on all of them in this process but by this point i was fed up with this message.

all my messages are still there, photos and apps as well but i do have to rename all my contacts.

jltaylor2421

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

This happened to me about 20 min ago... I was very angry that my phone wouldnt go to the home screen because the sense stopped working.
I restarted my phone a few times hoping that would resolve the issue but with no privale.
I went into the settings>Google Play Services and I disabled it. Went to my home screen IT WORKED! my home screen is back! I went back into settings>Google Play services and enabled it again and everything is going smooth.
Gmail and Photos still wont work because for some reason I need to re-update my phone because it went back to the starter android update.

Updating all my apps, having to go through and sign back in in all my apps and update my phone to the most current operating system and my phone is good as new!

Hope that helps! :-*

Blank 1

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site

Hey this is super late but instead of clearing the cache clear all data of sense home and google play services. youll lose a bit of stuff but nothing close to losing everything on your phone. Some other apps might not work but do the same thing if you need to

joewenpogs

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site

how to go to settings? i cant access it..pls help...its annoying.. all i can do is hold the power buttong down when powering then options for fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock,check samrtsd,imagecrc and show barcode...pls help tnx and merry christmas

Cam Capollo

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

HTC1 M8
Owned: 2 years
Provider: At&t

This just happened to me yesterday as well. I updated my phone software about a week ago and everything seemed to be running smoothly. A few times an app would freeze and my phone turned dim and locked itself. I didn't think too much of it and now this has happened. My phone died while I was traveling and I plugged it up to charge in an outlet & I can't access anything. :-

Nsama41

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

Hello Mikey, so i had this same problem on my HTC one m8 and i found an easy solution.
1.get to apps through your settings (keep spam clicking "ok" or "don't send" on the error boxes, it'll let you use the phone for a little while and repeat that when it pops back up)
2.force stop Gmail app if you have it, and then clear ALL of it's cache. (this should stop the error boxes from popping up, but dont go to your home screen yet)
3.do the same with "sense home" app.
4.your phone should be back to normal when you go on your home screen.

bearintx

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

Settings > Apps
Force Stop & Clear Cache on Google Play Services & HTC Sense Home worked for me. I got to Settings by pulling down from the top of the screen with two fingers.

PapaConor

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site

Hello, my name is Mikey.

PREFACE:

Awhile ago, I started having difficulties with my phone, like all the data being deleted from my apps or my phone screen flickering. Those all stopped for awhile, but it seems whenever my phone shuts down from losing battery life and starts up again, it starts up with a new problem. It happened today, and this problem has been the most heinous.

THE PROBLEM:

I plugged in and charged my phone after it died, and when it started up, it started "Initializing applications" or whatever, (it has done this prior to an issue occurring before.)

When my phone started up, I had my lock screen displayed. I swiped up to reach my home screen, but instead got the message: "Unfortunately, Sense Home has stopped." As soon as I hit "OK", the message reappeared. I could do nothing. Soon after that, I got a plethora of other notifications with the text "Unfortunately, ___________ has stopped."

I received a text message in the pull-down from my girlfriend and was able to open the Messages application, but was still bombarded with a different process failure notification every few seconds, (if not back-to-back notifications.) Other than accessing that application as such, I cannot access any other applications. I cannot access other applications. I cannot even go to my home screen. I can't do anything except access the Messages application after getting a Text Message. I can't even make phone calls.

ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS:

-I've tried rebooting my HTC One M8.
-I've tried loading up into Safe Mode.
-I've tried going into the special menu (when the phone is off) and clearing the cache.
-I've tried clearing the Cache and THEN starting the phone is Safe Mode...

I've also researched online with my laptop trying to find the solution. Many have had similar problems with different variations, many have solved their problems. But I have not.

ALL of this to no avail. Nothing has changed, I still cannot use my phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would very much appreciate help with this. It's driving me crazy!

Thank you,

Mikey.

I've got the same problem, just try to get into settings/apps and find google play services, go into storage then manage space and clear all data, It instantly stopped for me. hoped this helped!