HTC One X (Rogers) Custom Rom - Newbie Help.

dspector

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm really frustrated with my HTC One X from Rogers and I can't yet make the jump to the One as this one is only 1.5 years old. It is slow, terrible battery life and generally just frustrating to use. I could wipe it and start fresh but I don't think it would do much good. I'm running the latest stock Rogers OTA jelly bean.

I want to go custom but don't know where to start. I love ASOP, but not sure if I will miss anything that I have been using in Sense for so long.

If anyone can point me in the right directions, sites to read, how-tos, screenshots/videos, or just your experience/suggestions on which Rom to get. That would be amazing. I know the Rogers version has a different CPU so I don't want to screw anything up by installing a rom not for this cpu.

Thanks!

D

aaronw84

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all, XDA is the place to go. I was running ViperXL 3.2.8 with the newest Elemental kernel. It had tons of options and lots of eye candy, but as I started playing with it.. it began to glitch for me. Everytime I flashed a custom theme or something from the HUB, it got a little more funky on me. I'm sure I didn't help by constantly screwing with things, but that was kind of the point of the ROM anyways. It's a really cool ROM, but no longer supported with updates in the last several months so that ended my experiment. It's really neat and worth a try, but I wasn't satisfied.

I switched to MagioROM R4 with the Beastmode 3.5 kernel and it is INCREDIBLY stable, fast, and the battery lasts forever. It has alot of great customizations with this kernel, it offers OTA updates to newer versions, is still being actively updated, and BEST OF ALL it is Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 which is the newest and greatest this phone has available at this time. If you prefer simple, streamlined, and clean then I can recommend this. The kernel still has all the tweaks for CPU and memory you could ever ask for and the kernel has the Aroma Installer which is nice and easy.

As far as the AOSP ROMs, I didn't care to go through the extra step of downgrading my touchscreen as they all require since I've taken the RUU update from AT&T and have the newest hboot (2.14) and so on. I liked Cyanogenmod on my old phone, but I prefer a fast and functional Sense rom at this point. Camera is one of the better aspects of a Sense ROM as well as the aforementioned keyboard thing. There is also a place on XDA where you can download the APN for your specific carrier to make sure everything runs smoothly on MagioROM. Everything on my phone works better and smoother than it did when I originally upgraded to the official AT&T JellyBean. It seems all the bugs have been worked out.. No broken WiFi or bad reception. Mine is actually improved. That's all the opinion I can offer. Feel free to ask more questions if I can help.

The AT&T version that I modded has the dual-core SnapDragon processor. You can search by device at XDA so you should have less issue finding a ROM that is compatible. Not sure what the Rogers one is, but I believe it's the same phone.

Hi Guys,

I'm really frustrated with my HTC One X from Rogers and I can't yet make the jump to the One as this one is only 1.5 years old. It is slow, terrible battery life and generally just frustrating to use. I could wipe it and start fresh but I don't think it would do much good. I'm running the latest stock Rogers OTA jelly bean.

I want to go custom but don't know where to start. I love ASOP, but not sure if I will miss anything that I have been using in Sense for so long.

If anyone can point me in the right directions, sites to read, how-tos, screenshots/videos, or just your experience/suggestions on which Rom to get. That would be amazing. I know the Rogers version has a different CPU so I don't want to screw anything up by installing a rom not for this cpu.

Thanks!

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov