HTC or Motorola- preferred manufacturer?

What manufacturer do you prefer when it comes to your next smart phone.

• Total voters

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i just want to know what brand of manufacturer is preferred of these two; HTC or Motorola.and id like to take into account motoblur and sense, but not as they affect the launcher. more so how the native apps look, and function.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It depends on preference, i prefer HTC because their build quality is stellar. I was able to run my HTC Hero over with a lawn mower, and it definitely flew, with very little damage.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Can't say right now... what will the devices be next year... who will be making the best product at that time... Sense or whatever they want to call Motoblur doesn't matter since I can load a launcher of choice when that comes.

So, actually I can't answer your poll since it doesn't have unknown or doesn't matter.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It depends on preference

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

I prefer Motorola built quality over anything else

A week after i bought my OG MileStone , I was traveling to anther country , So when i was going up the stairs to get in the Airplane , some one pushed me (On purpose I think) & I dropped the phone (Don't know how) & the phone fall from the top of the ladder's door area (the one connects the ladder to the plane , Which was a Boeing 747-400) to the ground , Runway turmeric to be specific
The phone was still working , everything was attached in one peace (the battery didn't come out) & the call was still on
The phone suffered from bunch of scratches around the screen & thats it , everything else is working perfectly

last week , the phone slipped from my hand while the KeyBoard was out & a Stupid cab driver ran over the screen (on purpose , he didn't stop even when i stood in his way) & the phone is still working , nothing shattered , nothing broken of loose

I also have a Sony Ercisson W910i, iPod Touch (1st gen.) & Nokia E75

the iPod & the W910i can take the abuse , the Nokia can't

So from my Experience , I rather have a Motorola phone over anything else

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Though I am displeasured with motos current direction, there is now doubt the build quality and materials used are far superior on a motor. HTC is huge though, and offers some nice handsets too. People prefer HTC software over blur, and the market is saturated with more HTC Devices. Software aside, Motor is better bottom line. I have owned sets from both, and quality is chips, battery, radio, go to old reliable, making sets for the fire, police, gov, military, NFL, and on and on. HTC is only consumer oriented, while motor caters to much higher clientele. I base much of my opinion on forums though, and HTC seems to have more problematic threads than motor...... Forum reader of many years. More people own HTC Devices and I suspect that the pole will swing that way:) But unlike HTC, motorola is doing WAY more than cell phones, while HTC is primarily focused on quantity.

Devinhfox

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I had d2 and og droid, and now I have inc2.
Moto had great speakers, my inc2 sounds tinny. I think the screens are comparable.
Motos were metal body, heavy but solid feeling. Htc nice and light, and but obviously plastic.
Camera is better on inc2, but can't record 720p without skipping frames. Arrrghhhh! I went back to widescreen for that reason.
Auto brightness is too sensitive on my inc2, adjusts too frequently.
Flash is great on the inc2. So-so on the droids.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
i just want to know what brand of manufacturer is preferred of these two; HTC or Motorola.and id like to take into account motoblur and sense, but not as they affect the launcher. more so how the native apps look, and function.
I am really only used to htc. I've played with a few motorola phones and didn't care for them.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
While both make pretty nice phones, Im definitely going to say HTC. Just factoring in my distaste for motoblur makes HTC the better choice for me. Add in how much better their keyboards and overall hardware is and its clear which is better.

Now with all that said, I want to make it perfectly clear thats my personal opinion based off personal and work experience with Motorola and HTC among others.

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Can't say right now... what will the devices be next year... who will be making the best product at that time... Sense or whatever they want to call Motoblur doesn't matter since I can load a launcher of choice when that comes.

So, actually I can't answer your poll since it doesn't have unknown or doesn't matter.
You went out of your way to speak nonsense. None of us can predict the future, we are just making the decision from what we have seen.....no crystal ball needed.

Reactions: ANDROID__JUNKIE

copr165

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Whatever the features I have had Moto for me and my wife. They have caused nothing but problems. Every HTC that I have had has worked flawless plus I much prefer Sense over Blur. I have 2 Thunder Bolts and wife has the Dinc 2. They are all great phones. I have no problem recommending HTC but would not recommend Moto.

Reactions: mthorn79

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I am really only used to htc. I've played with a few motorola phones and didn't care for them.

+1 Other than briefly playing around with other people's Motos, I haven't gained a lot of seat time with anything other than my HTC.

If LEGO dropped a phone with a great-looking screen, long battery life, perfect 4G-to-3G handovers and rockin' speakers, I'd have a LEGO in my pocket right now. :D

alcatel_lego_phone_2.jpg

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have own phones from both manufacturers and both are great phones. my impression is that motorola builds tougher phones, but htc has more style.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a super tough decision because we need to know what you're looking for.

HTC is known for lower-end battery life (compared to others) and low-volume earpieces/ringers.
HTC is also known for terrifically sexy looking devices, really solid & nice (they're like the "Apple" of the Android world), as well as having a UI overlay which the majority of users really enjoy, rather than 50/50 or majority hate, such is the case with Motoblur on Motorola phones, where the majority definitely hate.

Also my atrix from Motorola has had some pretty terrible Quality Control issues. But that could happen with any manufacturer.

edit: Thought I should add my brother's Moto Xoom tablet has had quality control issues too..

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got basically every Android product ever released to the public by Motorola sitting on my desk at work, and I'd take my HTC Incredible over any of them, possibly with an exception for the Atrix. And maybe the Droid X.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I just went from the N1 made by HTC to the Moto Atrix. I love(d) my N1, but the power button issue, which is very common on N1's, kinda soured me to HTC devices. If they won't even stand behind a device with a well known manufacturing defect then it's time for me to move on. I've had a ton of Motorola devices over the years and they were all built very well. Before my first smart phone I had a Moto V3 that lasted almost 3 years and was still working when I powered it down the last time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe