HTC Thunderbolt Rubberized Case with Extended Battery Support

groupdelay

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine to day too. By the way those pics don't show the case snapped all the way together. The two pieces do snap together nicely.

Only draw backs:
1. 2 piece style - plastic w/ very thin rubber coating. If you drop it, it's probably not going to do much to protect it and the case is probably going to break and not do much to protect the phone.
2. Very slippery. I feels like it's going to slip right out of my hands.

Pro's:
Really the only decent extended battery cover available for the moment...to at least protect from every day scratches and wear & tear.

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Right I didn't snap the case together because I wasn't using my extended battery at the time and I figure it'd be a pain to re-open.

I agree - may not be the perfect case, but it is the best one I've seen so far for the extended battery.

I just got mine to day too. By the way those pics don't show the case snapped all the way together. The two pieces do snap together nicely.

Only draw backs:
1. 2 piece style - plastic w/ very thin rubber coating. If you drop it, it's probably not going to do much to protect it and the case is probably going to break and not do much to protect the phone.
2. Very slippery. I feels like it's going to slip right out of my hands.

Pro's:
Really the only decent extended battery cover available for the moment...to at least protect from every day scratches and wear & tear.

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
FYI - I've been in contact with Technocel and it appears there is a holster that goes with this case. Only problem is that they couldn't tell me how/where to buy it. She said she would contact their web team and ask if they can put it on their ordering site for direct purchase. I am supposed to give it a week then check the site.

In addition to my call I e-mailed. Will let you all know if I finally get one. I hate carrying this thing in my pocket. If anyone finds a hoster or case that works (and leaves the headphone jack exposed), please let me know.

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting pics. I ordered mine yesterday. I took an exacto knife to my Verizon gel case to make a cut out for the extended battery & it's been holding up well, but I'd like to get a harder case on my phone. (I can't use Thanks button via Tapatalk. )

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
ugh, glad to see some cases but i wish it was the 2 piece style that slides together like the PT case found at bestbuy. i was rocking that but its useless with an extended battery on..

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
just received my case today. very pleased. ditto on the pros & cons as mentioned by others above, though i am 100% pleased.

ALSO, my wife's seido case (branded by Best Buy) for standard battery came with a holster and it fits this extended case perfectly. Not that i'll use it since i slip mine in the tool pocked on the pant leg of my carpenter pants (i've done this for the past 5 years with my prior phone without issue.)

cheers,
Thom

gwbNYC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the photos of the Seidio Extended cases and no longer wanting one due to their covering up the kickstand with a crappier version (which will also mute the speaker further), I went in search of a better option (and not an htcpedia cutout case).

I ran into this:
HTC Thunderbolt Rubberized Case with Extended Battery Support

Currently backordered until the 11th, but looks like it'll do the job.

For anyone ordering, I also found a 10% off code on couponcabin.com. The code is COUPONCABIN10 and brings total price (with shipping) down to $15.29.

I'll let you know what I think once I receive it in a week or two.
I ordered the HTC Thunderbolt case and got fast delivery from Let'sTalk. The case fits perfectly; althogh I find it just a bit difficult to pry off when that needs to be done. I just want to report this evening that my HTC Thunderbotl Extended Battery failed, I mean just absolutely died, about 3 days after starting to use this case. I hope the case didn't cause any heat build up or anything else for the extended battery, but its strange timing. I'm posting this just fyi in case anyone else has stumbled across this situation. The extended battery was less than 3 weeks' old. So Verizon replaced the battery. The new extended battery arrived today. I'll be using it with the HTC case starting tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939