HTC1 mail application will only allows a few letters to be entered into the email response?

plnagy

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
HTC1 mail application will only allows a few letters to be entered into the email response

I cannot respond to my e-mails on the android mail application (independent of the account) with more than 5-10 letters. after that typing becomes impossible. i tried different keyboards, but it does not solve the problem. Pulled in a new copy of the mail program , it does not solve the problem. I can type response with the gmail application. I do not want to delete the old copy of the program, because I do not want to go into the trouble of setting thee e-mail accounts again. I suspect it is some cache full sort of problem for the e-mail program, but I do not know how to empty it. Receiving messages is not affected.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC1 mail application will only allows a few letters to be entered into the email response

I cannot respond to my e-mails on the android mail application (independent of the account) with more than 5-10 letters. after that typing becomes impossible. i tried different keyboards, but it does not solve the problem. Pulled in a new copy of the mail program , it does not solve the problem. I can type response with the gmail application. I do not want to delete the old copy of the program, because I do not want to go into the trouble of setting thee e-mail accounts again. I suspect it is some cache full sort of problem for the e-mail program, but I do not know how to empty it. Receiving messages is not affected.

Welcome to Android Central!

Go in to your settings, applications, all apps, find the email app and clear the cache in there. If that does not work you might have to clear the data. If you clear the data that will reset the app and remove all the accounts. You could also try using a different app like Microsoft Outlook.