I am still using my Motorola Droid 4 and downloaded, for the first time, a

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

nightly build "Lineage-14.1-20160810-nightly-maserati-signed.zip"-file
It says Check SHA256: OK
Than I see a kind of button with "Flash update"on it.
When I "push" that button my screen turns black for a while and than it asks if I really want to apply update and than I can "push"a button saying "update"
So far so good but now the problem: I seem to need 'root-rights', how?:

I tried:"" [ROOT] How to root the Droid 4
12-06-2014 04:23 PM
tools

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=155397&p=1602109&viewfull=1#post1602109
Phil Nickinson
Android Central Editor Emeritus

Windows only for now, but it's quick and painless.

Put your phone in USB debugging mode.
Connect your Droid 4 to the computer via USB
Make sure you have the latest drivers and what-not (get them here if you don't)
Download Dan Rosenberg's exploit
Extract to a folder, and double-click run.bat."

I tried to this but first I could not get the latest drivers, there was nothing there and 2nd Dan Rosenberg's exploit was not allowed to be downloaded being detected as "Malware" by Windows 8

Is there a possibility to do it in another way otherwise I do not see why these nightly builds still are made.

Regards,

Sicco

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS88481 for the driver.

As for the malware detection, consider it a false positive. I'm about as protected as can be, and none of my programs blinked as I downloaded it, opened the zip and looked at the batch file.

Why the nightly builds? "Oops, there's a tiny little bug we overlooked. Fix it and issue a new nightly." It happens with ROMs, browsers, everything. Would you rather they left in a tiny but that probably won't affect anyone - but it affects you? I'd rather later and good, or nightly and good, than earlier and buggy or one release and you can suffer with the bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej