I cant check for updates on my phone.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy A01 I can't check for updates it says "Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later."

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

I'm trying to update check if I have gotten the android 11 update but I can't check because of this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Who's your carrier? Did you get the phone directly from your carrier, or did you get it somewhere else and bring it to your carrier? Oftentimes, if the phone is from a carrier, you need to be on that carrier's network to get the official update.

Also, have you tried using Smart Switch to update it?

ChaserE

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It's TracFone, No I didn't get the phone directly from them I bought it locked to them off of amazon.

I have tried to use smart switch but it doesn't show an update I'm still using an update from March.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so just to clarify -- this is a TracFone-branded phone that you got through Amazon, and not directly from TracFone, correct?

One possibility is that the TracFone variant just isn't going to get Android 11. System updates don't always come to every variant of a phone. When there's no update available, sometimes you'll see this message -- it might have to do with the update server being offline or shut down.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so just to clarify -- this is a TracFone-branded phone that you got through Amazon, and not directly from TracFone, correct?

One possibility is that the TracFone variant just isn't going to get Android 11. System updates don't always come to every variant of a phone. When there's no update available, sometimes you'll see this message -- it might have to do with the update server being offline or shut down.
Yeah TracFone and straightalk Sim are nightmare on Samsung devices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii