I can't print emails from the S6

A

AC Question

Is anyone else having difficulty printing emails from the S6? I had an HTC 610 with Android v5 and had no problem printing emails using Google Cloud print.

I’ve just upgraded to the S6 with Android v6.0.1 but cannot print Gmails. Other documents from say, Word print fine but not emails from Gmail. If I try and print one all looks good with a nice preview and the yellow print button ready. I hit the print button and the printer greys out and a message appears saying, ‘Sorry, that didn’t work. Try again’. I try again and nothing happens, so I have to restart the phone to get out of the print routine. I sometimes see a message saying the print spooler has stopped running. This happens printing from Gmail and also from the S6 email app.

Is anyone else having this problem and has a fix been found?

Thanks

Mick

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install Cloud Print and set it up. Then you "share" the email - with Cloud Print - and it prints to the printer you set it up to use. I haven't found anything that can share data, and has something printable, that won't work. (You can't, for example, "print" music. You could print a music score, though, [staffs, word, notes, etc.] if you have one on the screen.)

MWIW

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have Google Cloud Print installed but can't see a 'share' option on Gmail, or the S6 email app. Can you advise me where to find it?

Thanks again

Mick

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel