I cant reset my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I click on the reset then it says action not allowed and that I should contact the IT admin for information

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It sounds like the phone is or was supervised by a company's IT department, so you'd have to contact them. If it's not your workplace's IT, and if you got this phone from someone else, then try contacting that person as well.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not necessarily that it's managed by an IT department. A rogue app that declared itself a device administrator would result in the same behavior.

Go into Settings > Security > Advanced Settings > Device Admin Apps (On a Pixel anyway). In there you can see what apps CAN be and if any are actually enabled. From there, action could be taken to resolve the issue, if it isn't actually enabled by some company's mobile management system.