I got an Android, but want to go back to the iPhone. Why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

Cheers dude but it was all just waffle I can't stand blackberry and detest apple lol

But I do like to keep an open mind and to constantly contradict lol

Posted via Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Apple were once a reputable company and their os was the most stable that has since been lost well on the mobile platform anyway.

You're not serious, right? LOL!
If apple were to release a 5" or possibly a 5.2" then that may just get people's attention again.

When have they lost peoples' attention? Over 50% of smartphones sold on the four major U.S.carriers are iPhones, so I think that they have their attention.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

That's funny, I went from Android to a Blackberry 10 and I will never go back to Android. And apple is out of the question. The hard part is trying to get my wife to go from Android to a Z30. She doesn't play games and the BlackBerry is designed around communication so it makes no sense for her to get an Android. Hard to fight the herd mentality though.

I still hope to get a Z10 when the price for unlocked phones comes down again in the states. I like the security/privacy aspects of BB and I also, although I haven't really had the chance to check it out for myself, think the OS is pretty cool. But I'm also a big fan of Android and I don't know if that will change. I like OS that are plain, without manufacturer skins and carrier crap, so I like Nexus and I'm sure I'd like the Moto X.

But I don't know if I'd like iOS, I'm thinking probably not, and I think it's with iOS there's more of a herd mentality because it's some sort of branding status symbol (and easier) for people who aren't interested in devoting any energy to a learning curve. That's one of the reasons I have some sort of antipathy for iOS. If I tried out an iPhone it's possible I'd like it, I really have no idea, but my impressions of it are just completely unfavorable. I don't like what Apple does re imessage for example. And the changes in connectors just to make more money. And iTunes. Just things like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

You're an iPhone user. Get over it, it's in your blood. Contrary to what most people on here say, it's a good phone with a good ecosystem. I use an HTC One (Venom Kit Kat ROM), iPad, iMac, ATV, and we have several iPod Nanos. I've never owned an iPhone, I migrated here from BB, but honestly as soon as Apple releases a larger screened phone (1080P or better please) I am gone. Day one.

You're an iPhone user, accept it and embrace it. Who cares what anyone else thinks ?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

My name is Haalcyon...and I use an iPhone.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

You're an iPhone user. Get over it, it's in your blood. Contrary to what most people on here say, it's a good phone with a good ecosystem. I use an HTC One (Venom Kit Kat ROM), iPad, iMac, ATV, and we have several iPod Nanos. I've never owned an iPhone, I migrated here from BB, but honestly as soon as Apple releases a larger screened phone (1080P or better please) I am gone. Day one.

You're an iPhone user, accept it and embrace it. Who cares what anyone else thinks ?

People like to go online and need validation from others their purchasing decisions are sound. See it here all the time.

peterdroid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

on my opinion. Android better. I dont know why but i realy love this phone.. Yes. i tried iphone. But it's was not my phone. Android has only one problem - battery. All other - ok. :) . I only hate Samsung galaxy :| most big error in the world .. it's android and samsung -_-. (IMHO)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

on my opinion. Android better. I dont know why but i realy love this phone.. Yes. i tried iphone. But it's was not my phone. Android has only one problem - battery. All other - ok. :) . I only hate Samsung galaxy :| most big error in the world .. it's android and samsung -_-. (IMHO)

Battery? Naa.... you just have to get the correct phone. A G2 is an awesome, reasonably priced, phone with ridiculous battery life.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

Yah but it seems like iPhone had a better internet browsing time then any android. You could browse the internet for 19 hours listen to 40 hours of music and stream video for ten hours just about. It seems like the battery doesn't drain faster on anything

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

So go back to apple and enjoy being under their control. Apple hasn't put out anything new software wise until they updated ios7 and that was just a visual update really. Android = professional users
Apple = rookie/old people users.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yah but it seems like iPhone had a better internet browsing time then any android. You could browse the internet for 19 hours listen to 40 hours of music and stream video for ten hours just about. It seems like the battery doesn't drain faster on anything

Are you basing that off of what they claim? I know for a fact that the iPhone doesn't last anywhere near as long as 10 hours streaming video. My sister charges her phone at least twice a day. I'd place it closer to 3 or 4 hours of screen time...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Are you basing that off of what they claim? I know for a fact that the iPhone doesn't last anywhere near as long as 10 hours streaming video. My sister charges her phone at least twice a day. I'd place it closer to 3 or 4 hours of screen time...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Exactly this. iPhone users are the main ones always with a charger with them because the battery does not last all day. I know plenty of iPhone friends who's battery dying after hanging out all night. My old RAZR M lasted all day. My Moto X lasts even longer.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

So go back to apple and enjoy being under their control. Apple hasn't put out anything new software wise until they updated ios7 and that was just a visual update really. Android = professional users

What a crock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

There's one born every moment.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Exactly this. iPhone users are the main ones always with a charger with them because the battery does not last all day. I know plenty of iPhone friends who's battery dying after hanging out all night. My old RAZR M lasted all day. My Moto X lasts even longer.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
Have to agree on this, watching various family members with iPhones. Their battery life isn't that impressive.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Dual wield. After enough frustration builds from all of Android's ruff edges I can always go back to my iPhone for some serenity.

If you can't do that then you should stick with the iPhone. Android does a lot but the little things pile up. I feel the same as you.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I wonder how many Android users just open box, charge phone, and use it "as is". Do they love their phones like iPhone users do? My sister - in-law loves her iPhone. She doesn't "change" anything. Maybe moves icons, but that is it. Stock wallpaper, apps, music player, etc.... If I used my phone like that, it would have no "issues".

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Upwards of 90% easily. We here at mobile nations are barely even a tiny fraction of total Android users. Glance around...Everyone is running pretty much stock. Likely the same percentage of iOS users never move the first home screen apps around.

That same percentage also don't know what a ROM does. Nor care about Android being open and free or any message Google throws out. They went to the store and bought a phone. If they have issues...they go buy a different one or get it replaced. That goes for both platforms. The Apple Store is always packed with people replacing phones with issues.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Have to agree on this, watching various family members with iPhones. Their battery life isn't that impressive.

The iPhone 5s' battery life is certainly not as good as the G2 I had but I love the phone enough that the solution was just to get a backup 5s in a lower capacity and different color. I easily go 2 days between them. One is jailbroken, one is pure...they're both sliq and the package is a lot of fun and not stale since they're not both setup the same. Not the most economical solution to less than stellar battery life but creative enough and to each their own.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver