I got an Android, but want to go back to the iPhone. Why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

I get phenomenal standby battery with my Nexus 5. If I weren't using the screen as heavily as I do I could easily get 48 + hours on standby. I've never used an iPhone but I'd imagine it couldn't be better than that. I'm stock unrooted so I don't know what the battery use percentage is per hour offhand, but this phone performs extremely well.

After reading about rooting and ROMs I can't say I'm not curious, and if I had a working computer I might even try it on a different phone... but not on my Nexus 5 because I'd be too worried about killing it. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

It's nearly impossible to brick a Nexus. Even if bootloader don't work and you can't use fastboot, there is a way to restore it using download mode. But I don't do flashing on my daily driver. I set a separate phone for that purpose. Unless if you have multiple devices and use Google Voice than it may not matter.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

It's nearly impossible to brick a Nexus. Even if bootloader don't work and you can't use fastboot, there is a way to restore it using download mode. But I benefit don't do flashing on my daily driver. I set a separate phone for that purpose. Unless if you have multiple devices and use Google Voice than it may not matter.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

It might be something I'll try in the future, if I get the next generation Nexus phone. I'd try it on the older one, like you, I don't want to really mess with the phone I rely on everyday. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

It is. My iPad can be at 60% at night when I go to bed and in the morning it'll still be at 60% even with WiFi on. iPhone isn't as good as the iPad but still better than any Android phone :-\

Posted via Android Central App

Hmm. It would be interesting to do an informal side by side test. :)

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

I can use my prev gen ipad without charging for likes the longest time...
like I rarely charge it... maybe once a couple of weeks
This is coming from an andriod user, and android fan. I love what android is about, but hate the little hitches here and there.

I still will only buy android phones only tho. Can't wait till htc one 2 comes out

Last edited:

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?
Buy a small Android phone the smaller screen will give you a better battery life. The Moto X is a good phone. For me my I own a Note3 what i did to overcome the battery issue was to buy a spare battery. No stress for me.
Some Samsung phone, i think the G2 has the same features have a power savings mode usually this feature is disabled by default. For texting I use Hangouts and really like it.
As for the camera, the G2 has one of the best. My wife owns a G2 and my daughter an iPhone the photos seem comparable. But on screen they G2 looks much better because the screen on the g2 is bigger.

G2 is also free of lag and and pretty snappy, I'm not sure what performance issues you're having.

I wonder how many Android users just open box, charge phone, and use it "as is"...
The vast majority of Android users do just that. Android has a much larger tinkering community than iPhone but statistics show most people use their phone out of the box.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

The G2 is an excellent excellent phone, IMO, that's coming from one who no longer owns one. Put CM on that thing and set it free. She'll come back to you much better.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

It is. My iPad can be at 60% at night when I go to bed and in the morning it'll still be at 60% even with WiFi on.
That's also true of all Android tablet I own.
As for devices lasting more than others it depends on what how and what you use on your device. My note 2 was an awesome phone with great battery life. I know my phone would out last my friends iPhone even though i used my phone a hell of a lot more. Then to top it off i had the option of carrying a spare battery. I loved being stress free.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

As for devices lasting more than others it depends on what how and what you use on your device. My note 2 was an awesome phone with great battery life. I know my phone would out last my friends iPhone even though i used my phone a hell of a lot more. Then to top it off i had the option of carrying a spare battery. I loved being stress free.

I have an LG G Pad 8.3 and while it's battery life doesn't compete with my iPads it does surprisingly well.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
IPhone has its plus points it's like the computer language Basic and for some that is all they want from a phone. for me however it offers no excitement what so ever I want to be in control and not to be locked into a bland ecosystem.
Apple were once a reputable company and their os was the most stable that has since been lost well on the mobile platform anyway.

This is just my opinion and hey things change constantly in this world so who knows my next phone may be an iPhone but don't hold ones breath lol

Android offers a better and more exciting platform sure it's not perfect but it's one that has all that features and the fact you can't tweak and play with Roms well that's just what makes it fun. You can do what you like to your phone and that's a plus for me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I know that most Android phones last a lot longer in terms of usage, but when it comes to idle drain, the iPhone wins

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I know that most Android phones last a lot longer in terms of usage, but when it comes to idle drain, the iPhone wins

Yeh but it's still an iPhone and it's still bland dull and extremely boring.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

Yeh but it's still an iPhone and it's still bland dull and extremely boring.

Well, then jailbreak the iPhone if you like the phone and OS to entertain you (I prefer apps for that). It's amazingly and telepathically easy to jailbreak an iPhone and doing so will give you countless hours of the same kind of customization you get with a rooted Android kit. Now, if a less than 4.5" screen is a non-starter for you then it is what it is unless the iPhone 6 makes good of the rumors. Having spent a lot of time with Android and iOS over the past several years I can say that I prefer stock iOS7 vastly more than stock Kit Kat. Once rooted or jailbroken and customed it's a close call for me. I like them both and can get bored with them both. When I get bored enough with one I switch to the other for a while. ...keeps things fresh.

Last edited:

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Well, then jailbreak then iPhone if you like the phone and OS to entertain you (I prefer apps for that). It's amazingly and telepathically easy to jailbreak an iPhone and doing so will give you countless hours of the same kind of customization you get with a rooted Android kit. Now, if a less than 4.5" screen is a non-starter for you then it is what it is unless the iPhone 6 makes good of the rumors.

Wow did I strike a nerve lol yes all very true but somehow I don't believe there are many devs creating Roms for the iPhone? I may be wrong haven't checked that out. The screen size at 4.5" is to dam tiny my first real smartphone was 4.7" then I have always had the larger eg mega, S4 etc. If apple were to release a 5" or possibly a 5.2" then that may just get people's attention again. But at the same time I'm sure it will **** off the loyalists lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Wow did I strike a nerve lol yes all very true but somehow I don't believe there are many devs creating Roms for the iPhone? I may be wrong haven't checked that out. The screen size at 4.5" is to dam tiny my first real smartphone was 4.7" then I have always had the larger eg mega, S4 etc. If apple were to release a 5" or possibly a 5.2" then that may just get people's attention again. But at the same time I'm sure it will **** off the loyalists lol

No nerve struck I just like to let people know that you can do a lot with the iPhone to customize if that's your thing.

Apple should release 3 sized iPhones IMO:

3-3.5" iPhone Nano
4" iPhone 6/c
4.5-4.8" iPhone Pro

They'd sell a ton of phones and I'm not sure what the downside would be but I've not put much thought into it.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
No nerve struck I just like to let people know that you can do a lot with the iPhone to customize if that's your thing.

Apple should release 3 sized iPhones IMO:

3-3.5" iPhone Nano
4" iPhone 6/c
4.5-4.8" iPhone Pro

They'd sell a ton of phones and I'm not sure what the downside would be but I've not put much thought into it.

Oh I'm not completely anti iPhone but pretty darn close I'm not saying it's bad but it's just not for me, will it ever be who knows but that would have to be at least 5" plus for me to even consider. I have just grown ocustomed to the larger screen.

Yes that makes some sense but are iPhone open to that change hmm possibly I mean they did jump and release the 5s and 5c so anything is possible.

IPhones have yet to grab my attention away from Android products and it would have to be something special to do that.

kfh227

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

That's funny, I went from Android to a Blackberry 10 and I will never go back to Android. And apple is out of the question. The hard part is trying to get my wife to go from Android to a Z30. She doesn't play games and the BlackBerry is designed around communication so it makes no sense for her to get an Android. Hard to fight the herd mentality though.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

That's funny, I went from Android to a Blackberry 10 and I will never go back to Android. And apple is out of the question. The hard part is trying to get my wife to go from Android to a Z30. She doesn't play games and the BlackBerry is designed around communication so it makes no sense for her to get an Android. Hard to fight the herd mentality though.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, Android is only for game players?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

I think both Android an iOS are great operationg systems. One is better for some people, the other is better for others, and niether one is bad. If you are on iOS and like it, I see no good reason to switch to Android.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Your no doubt raising another debate and one that many will strike up. Blackberry are a lost cause..

Or are they whilst the herd/sheeple will go and buy Android or ios. Alternatives are great and I for one like to keep an open mind and pay attention to changes going around. That said blackberry does not strike my attention I'm no follower I quite simply like what I like.

Blackberry I don't know much about to comment but some like to venture away from the popular and that is just fine and a good thing.

But I enjoy having options in my os and the ability to have apps that are practical and useful and variation and with that blackberry is a no go.

But again everyone has their choices and to what they find best fits their lifestyle needs and likes.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Your no doubt raising another debate and one that many will strike up. Blackberry are a lost cause..

Or are they whilst the herd/sheeple will go and buy Android or ios. Alternatives are great and I for one like to keep an open mind and pay attention to changes going around. That said blackberry does not strike my attention I'm no follower I quite simply like what I like.

Blackberry I don't know much about to comment but some like to venture away from the popular and that is just fine and a good thing.

But I enjoy having options in my os and the ability to have apps that are practical and useful and variation and with that blackberry is a no go.

But again everyone has their choices and to what they find best fits their lifestyle needs and likes.

Very diplomatically stated, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.