I got an Android, but want to go back to the iPhone. Why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Why would you go 3-5 times a year to a Genius Bar? I have had to get several replacements for Android phones, and one iPhone.

That's that android phone. I'm talking about getting a Nexus 5 for $350.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

The battery of both Android and iphone is not durable. Of course it is if you play the games all day long. And some says the functional of operating the apps will be transformed to operate the interface operation. So that's why we feel fluent when roll with the iphone screen.

The iphone interface is more fluent than Android's. A part of the function of operating apps will be transformed to improve the fluency. And actually the battery of both Android and iphone are not durable.

The battery of both iphone and android is not durable if you play the games all day long. One of the keys of iphone is that a part of the function of operating the apps is transformed to operate the interface so that's why you feel so fluent when sliding on the screen. Without breaking you have to transport the files into iphone by itunes but you just need a usb to finish that when using android phones. So maybe you just get used to using android.

Huh?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

I've done the same exact things for a long time, lol. But then, Mavericks and IOS7 happened.
My macbook air, iPad and iPhone became crippled, trying to do anything with them was like breathing through mud.
And if that wasn't enough, Apple customer service was useless: "it's something you're doing wrong, there's nothing we can do."

... SCUSE ME???

So I switched phones immediately (to Samsung Galaxy Note 3) and waited until the Galaxy Note Pro tablet became available in LTE version and promptly snapped it up. It's a huge learning curve, I am nowhere close to being fully proficient with my devices but Samsung Support has been a great help so I'm sticking with it. Apple no more.
Interestingly, my Macbook Air is now gathering dust, I hardly ever use it since I got the tablet, lol.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly, my Macbook Air is now gathering dust, I hardly ever use it since I got the tablet, lol.

I hardly use a traditional computer at all anymore. My tablets do everything I need to do most of the time. Maybe once a month I need to pull out the laptop.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've done the same exact things for a long time, lol. But then, Mavericks and IOS7 happened.
My macbook air, iPad and iPhone became crippled, trying to do anything with them was like breathing through mud.
And if that wasn't enough, Apple customer service was useless: "it's something you're doing wrong, there's nothing we can do."

... SCUSE ME???

So I switched phones immediately (to Samsung Galaxy Note 3) and waited until the Galaxy Note Pro tablet became available in LTE version and promptly snapped it up. It's a huge learning curve, I am nowhere close to being fully proficient with my devices but Samsung Support has been a great help so I'm sticking with it. Apple no more.

Not unheard of. I'm glad samsung has been good to you.

via the phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That is speaking of apps, not the OS.

You're both close, depending on how specific you want to be with "apps". It's the frequency of apps crashing on each software version on each device, so how well do the apps mix with the firmware on each device and OS version. Apps crashing isn't always (or maybe usually?) due to something wrong with the app, it can be something triggered a loop in a system bug, or left a called task going when it should have toggled, the basic zigged when it should have zagged stuff.

So it's saying something that's very confusing without a lot of context - essentially, it's somewhere on a spectrum between iOS 7.1 integrates less fluidly with apps from the App Store much less fluidly than Kit Kat averages on all the devices it is on to a converse statement which would look more like iOS app developers have a less fluid integration with the OS than Android developers have on all modern versions of Android, especially Kit Kat. So it can be commentary on the skill of the devs, the ease of use of the design tools, the raw power and quality of the design tools, the quality of the OS, the quality of whatever runtime they're using and/or quite a few other variables - and it can also be a combination of many or all of them.

The bottom line is, whatever random task you're about to do on an iPhone is going to "just work" approximately 984 out of every 1000 times you do something and on Kit Kat it's going to "just work" about 993 times out of every 1000 things you do. That difference of 9/1000 random things being done is probably not noticeable to most users. This is also over billions and billions of data points - so YMMV still applies strongly, depending on what you do to your OS and which apps you download, the frequency and timing of how you use them, etc, etc.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The bottom line is, whatever random task you're about to do on an iPhone is going to "just work" approximately 984 out of every 1000 times you do something and on Kit Kat it's going to "just work" about 993 times out of every 1000 things you do. That difference of 9/1000 random things being done is probably not noticeable to most users. This is also over billions and billions of data points - so YMMV still applies strongly, depending on what you do to your OS and which apps you download, the frequency and timing of how you use them, etc, etc.
The bottom line is that it dispels the myth of "OMG iOS just works". Apple people can no longer argue that Apple is better because it is more stable. No matter how you look at the numbers, Android is not worse than iOS when it comes to stability.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought iOS was supposed to have better apps? Why are they less stable?

I know I prefer the iOS versions of of the apps I use, polish, feature, and aesthetic-wise. That's where my opinion comes from but I also know there are a lot of apps in the app store so it's not surprising that many of them are less than stellar.

That said, I'm growing used to this G Pad 8.3...it's certainly okay.

via one of the t@blets

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I know I prefer the iOS versions of of the apps I use, polish, feature, and aesthetic-wise. That's where my opinion comes from but I also know there are a lot of apps in the app store so it's not surprising that many of them are less than stellar.

That said, I'm growing used to this G Pad 8.3...it's certainly okay.

via one of the t@blets

I understand all of that except the "feature" part. Android has apps that would never be possible on iOS because iOS isn't capable of doing those things. And in my experience apps that are on both platforms are at the very least equal. Some have more features on Android.

When it comes to the polish it's an opinion, but you can't argue anymore that Android apps are ugly. Google has done a good job making them all uniform by giving good design guidelines and APIs. Android apps in the past year out two have really become more refined in the ui department.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I understand all of that except the "feature" part. Android has apps that would never be possible on iOS because iOS isn't capable of doing those things. And in my experience apps that are on both platforms are at the very least equal. Some have more features on Android.

When it comes to the polish it's an opinion, but you can't argue anymore that Android apps are ugly. Google has done a good job making them all uniform by giving good design guidelines and APIs. Android apps in the past year out two have really become more refined in the ui department.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

I guess we all have different experiences. Even the Tapatalk app for iOS has features its Android counterpart does not. ...I do not understand why. I also have a my home automation/security app that has more features in the iOS version than in the android version. Why? I don't know.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to find this one mythical android phone which manages to beat the iPhone in every aspect (i.e.: price, performance, ecosystem, ease-of-use etc), and I don't believe anyone will.

Bah.... That whole Price/Performance/Ecosystem/Ease of use... outdated... I mean, I just look down at my Nexus 5.... it's half the cost, just as fast, Google's ecosystem is superior and it's a breeze to use. The only thing the iPhone can beat is that it has a better overall camera.... but that's it.

Fact is no phone, not even the 'mighty' iPhone can beat every phone in every aspect.. There isn't a single thing that the iPhone can do that Best in Show. This isn't 2010.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Bah.... That whole Price/Performance/Ecosystem/Ease of use... outdated... I mean, I just look down at my Nexus 5.... it's half the cost, just as fast, Google's ecosystem is superior and it's a breeze to use. The only thing the iPhone can beat is that it has a better overall camera.... but that's it.

Fact is no phone, not even the 'mighty' iPhone can beat every phone in every aspect.. There isn't a single thing that the iPhone can do that Best in Show. This isn't 2010.

Really? So you can walk in any store and find as many accessories for the Nexus 5 as you can for an iPhone 5s? Are you absolutely positive about that because that's a huge part of the ecosystem for a lot of folks.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? So you can walk in any store and find as many accessories for the Nexus 5 as you can for an iPhone 5s? Are you absolutely positive about that because that's a huge part of the ecosystem for a lot of folks.

Sent from my MF003LL/A ��

Not in store, but the Nexus 5 has a lot of accessory support. They even have spigen cases and I really wanted one of those for my Moto X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777