I got error on my HTC Desire 500, how do I do a soft reset?

A

AC Question

I got error on my HTC desire 500, so I need new soft

Hello, my HTC desire 500 always got error:
com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error to HTC? This will help us improve our products.

I've tried everything i found in internet to fix it, but nothing helps. So, I think maybe i should install custum ROM, but I don't even kn
I've tried everything i found in internet to fix it, but nothing helps. So, I think maybe i should install custum ROM, but I don't even know how begin. I saw a lot of tutorials, but there is no info from basics. No explain about what are you doing and why. For beginners like me, should be everything in one place, what all you need to install custum ROM. Please, help me, i need to fix that phone until Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got error on my HTC desire 500, so I need new soft

Welcome to Android Central! Rooting a phone and installing a custom ROM is not for total beginners. Let's see if we can figure out a little bit more about why your phone is glitching.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC