I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So it does seem like the OS remains unencrypted and can be updated via recovery. That's good to know. Nice that you got the dock. The SIM error doesn't sound so fun but hopefully that's some minor glitch in the system and, as you said, can be fixed quickly. Very nice that people are getting them back now, though.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just received it back. I can confirm.

1. Indeed no signature is required, contrary to what they originally said. Guy just dropped min, rang the doorbell and left.
2. Standard Dock was in the box with the Zoom.
3. It has 3.2.2 installed (even thought I was encrypted).

Of course I am getting an error saying the SIM card is from an unknown source so I need to work through that issue. Hopefully it will be minor.

Awesome! I am glad the dock is in the box with it. That was my only reason for upgrading early, as I don't use the mobile broadband anyway.

Carlesious

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fed-Ex tracking number, But it says, "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service". :(

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine has arrived! My wife just texted and said it was there...and I am at work.:'(

Her text said:

"Your little buddy just got home."

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I have 3G service hooked up but it is suspended at the moment so I should not be getting billed for it. Prompted to switch to LTE/CDMA mode hit yes and viola I now have 4G internet access can browse the web, market, etc everything. Called Verizon they still see it as suspended. I am confused. Had her notate the account just in case magically I get billed for it. And it is using my data plan too. Man this just sounds like I am going to get billed for something like this.

Last edited:

SolWgn

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Nope, not rooted and I did the factory reset before shipping. I wasn't the original owner, bit I was told that doesn't really matter since I was the first to active the 3g. There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can see as to why some are delayed and some aren't. Still sicks though. Mine still doesn't show as completed.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sent mine in on Monday and it is on the truck to be delivered back to me...however, the stupid Fed-Ex guy cannot read a simple address and has marked it as an invalid address. I'm on the phone trying to get them to re-attempt delivery. What is so hard about finding a big library with an address of 201 E 26th St? I mean, the address is on the building!

Sometimes I think that Fedex hires from the shallow end of the gene pool!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for them to box mine up and ship it out. I'm hoping they ship it today so I can have it back for the weekend.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for them to box mine up and ship it out. I'm hoping they ship it today so I can have it back for the weekend.

Ditto here too :) Since they finished it yesterday, I'm guessing it will probably be boxed today, but not sure if it's going out today or tomorrow :-\

-Mike

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here too :) Since they finished it yesterday, I'm guessing it will probably be boxed today, but not sure if it's going out today or tomorrow :-\

-Mike

I'm hopeful they'll get ours out today. Otherwise, we'll be likely waiting til Monday. FedEx delivers on Saturday, but, not sure if they'd do that for the xooms or not.

Fbrn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine from the fedex guy. Sent it off Monday morning. Came with a dock and they did not erase my data. I didn't bother because I didn't have anything critical on it. I don't live in a 4G area so I cannot test that but everything else seems to be working good. I have the new market on it now so I can rate apps which I have wanted for a while. Other than that everything looks the same. I do have 3.2.2 installed now.

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I completed the over the air activation of the LTE service, which is available here in Sacramento, California. Ran my SpeedTest app. My download speed was 18.26 Mbps and my upload was 13.77 Mbps.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
photobucket-2536-1317922445079.jpg

photobucket-2427-1317922444082.jpg

photobucket-2212-1317922444586.jpg

about to fire it up-

Reactions: mrchiz

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm hopeful they'll get ours out today. Otherwise, we'll be likely waiting til Monday. FedEx delivers on Saturday, but, not sure if they'd do that for the xooms or not.

Mine just got marked as shipped... hopefully shows up in FedEx tonight :) I bet yours isn't far behind.

-Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120