I got my Xperia Z2 yesterday and love it.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my Z2 sent to me in the US last month from Taiwan. Functionally, I think the phone is stellar, but I have had phones that felt better in the hand. Prior to the Sony I had an LG G2 and an HTC One before that. Both of those felt much more secure while being held at various angles. I never handle the Z2 without a wrist lanyard because I'm terrified of dropping it and that just takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Andy: that photo is amazing.

This phone really is absolutely superb. I have just put BlinkFeed on mine (thanks to xda) and I got a dock for a tenner from Amazon which is brilliant. I am so happy with this phone, I just cannot fault it. Amazing battery, stunning camera, waterproof, noise cancelling headphones, brilliant stereo speakers (better than my htc one m7), magnetic dock with really fast charging, independent camera button (2 stage as well)... I literally cannot fault this phone now I've set it up how I like it.

I got my Xperia tablet order in for 99 quid too.. and to top it all, I just won a note 3 from poweramp through android central!

As a phone obsessed nerd, I'm in a serious quandary because my missus wants one of my phones!

Posted via Android Central App

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
All cleared with Bell. Picking up her tonight. :)

SHIFT_pro s5
That's awesome, unfortunately for me, I have to wait for them to send it to me.. which should be soon, but according to their rules and regulations for the contest, it COULD be 4-6 weeks.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Andy: that photo is amazing.

This phone really is absolutely superb. I have just put BlinkFeed on mine (thanks to xda) and I got a dock for a tenner from Amazon which is brilliant. I am so happy with this phone, I just cannot fault it. Amazing battery, stunning camera, waterproof, noise cancelling headphones, brilliant stereo speakers (better than my htc one m7), magnetic dock with really fast charging, independent camera button (2 stage as well)... I literally cannot fault this phone now I've set it up how I like it.

I got my Xperia tablet order in for 99 quid too.. and to top it all, I just won a note 3 from poweramp through android central!

As a phone obsessed nerd, I'm in a serious quandary because my missus wants one of my phones!

Haha I feel the same way, very very impressed when I unboxed my Z2. From the build, Camera, Smooth and light Ui, Noise cancelling ear buds are superb, Stereo front facing speakers, two stage dedicated camera button.

This quite simply in my own opinion is a class above. I like that time and effort went into the whole design, ok small changes from the Z1 but they work very well. If your coming from another brand like myself then your really see the benefits.

I mentioned in previous posts that I have grow out of gimmicks, the Z2 is focused and I like and appreciate that.

Well done Sony for the Z2 what a very nice phone indeed :)

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Received her today, and by jove is this a beautiful and mesmerizing phone. I just cant stop looking at it. That white slate behind, beautiful colorful screen, easy to type with... just astounding. Especially with the integration of the SW2, SBH50 and Smartband, I just can't control my happiness. Also compatible with the magnetic dock charger, oh so lovely.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Received her today, and by jove is this a beautiful and mesmerizing phone. I just cant stop looking at it. That white slate behind, beautiful colorful screen, easy to type with... just astounding. Especially with the integration of the SW2, SBH50 and Smartband, I just can't control my happiness. Also compatible with the magnetic dock charger, oh so lovely.

It doesn't wear off either, after a week it's honestly like day one, love the white so amazing a quality product indeed :)

Oh.and calls are not bad, clear, could be better but far far from disappointing and not one that you should say no I'm not going to buy the Z2.

Ady_Maco

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't wear off either, after a week it's honestly like day one, love the white so amazing a quality product indeed :)

Oh.and calls are not bad, clear, could be better but far far from disappointing and not one that you should say no I'm not going to buy the Z2.

Thanks for the answer,also i'd like to ask about comfort when holding the phone up to your ear,i've heard that due to the hole cut for the earpiece it's a bit sharp and you feel the edges when you hold it to you ear.
Also,how about the software,any major hiccups?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer,also i'd like to ask about comfort when holding the phone up to your ear,i've heard that due to the hole cut for the earpiece it's a bit sharp and you feel the edges when you hold it to you ear.
Also,how about the software,any major hiccups?

I personally haven't noticed any discomfort in regards to making calls, as for the Software it just flies through tasks, and again with it being a light Ui there has been no lag or hiccups.

This is after a week of use and I have been popping in and out of apps, Camera and no crashes or glitches.

Hope this is helpful, feel free to ask questions and I'm sure either myself or one of the other guys will reply with an Answer :)

Ady_Maco

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I personally haven't noticed any discomfort in regards to making calls, as for the Software it just flies through tasks, and again with it being a light Ui there has been no lag or hiccups.

This is after a week of use and I have been popping in and out of apps, Camera and no crashes or glitches.

Hope this is helpful, feel free to ask questions and I'm sure either myself or one of the other guys will reply with an Answer :)

Thanks again!

I'm really intrigued by this phone,i mean in the past sony phones have put me off but it seems this year sony did it right.My first ever android phone was(for the moment still is)a galaxy S3,which even to this day still performs very well,only down part is that samsung will not upgrade it to kitkat.

I'm honestly a bit surprised the lack of love this phone gets compared to the one m8 and S5,when it seems this phone has about everything everyone could want,premium design,powerful specs,great screen and camera.

I'm a bit worried about Sony phones because they upgrade their phones every 6 months,which isn't bad i guess,but i'm worried about software updates,do they still provide software updates and bug fixes after the 6 months mark when the new flagship is out,or do they forget about it?

Prehaps someone with an older sony device could answer?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again!

I'm really intrigued by this phone,i mean in the past sony phones have put me off but it seems this year sony did it right.My first ever android phone was(for the moment still is)a galaxy S3,which even to this day still performs very well,only down part is that samsung will not upgrade it to kitkat.

I'm honestly a bit surprised the lack of love this phone gets compared to the one m8 and S5,when it seems this phone has about everything everyone could want,premium design,powerful specs,great screen and camera.

I'm a bit worried about Sony phones because they upgrade their phones every 6 months,which isn't bad i guess,but i'm worried about software updates,do they still provide software updates and bug fixes after the 6 months mark when the new flagship is out,or do they forget about it?

Prehaps someone with an older sony device could answer?

This is my first Sony Device, pervious...

Galaxy S3,.Galaxy S4, Galaxy Mega, Note 3, And the Nexus 5.

Having made the switch to Sony with the Xperia Z2 as it turns out it has Brought the biggest smile and sense of joy.

I have enjoyed all my Samsung devices and still have my Note 3. The Xperia Z2 just offers that little bit more..The build is Fantastic, the dedicated camera shutter button is Fantastic, the noise cancelling headphones, screen is sunlight is great, battery is really good, I could go on.

I am really taken with the Z2 and I would highly recommend if you have that interest.

As for updates have read that Sony can be slow. But if this works and well on.4.4.2 then I'm happy :)