I hate this phone :(

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I love how people are talking to me like I'm a child.

Not sure people are talking to you as if you were a child, but you have to admit, having 7 phones fail in a year is highly unusual. There are people who are hard on items even if they don't think so. My brother has run every car he's owned into the ground within 2 years. New, used, car, truck, expensive, cheap, it doesn't matter, 2 years and they're toast. But he'll swear he takes care of them.

Not saying this is you, but you have to forgive people for wondering considering the odds of the alternative.

Sorry I felt the need to vent. Really. I never should have posted.

Ehhh, we all need to vent from time to time. I've had far more frustrations with this phone than I did with my previous iPhone, but that said, I'm infinitely more satisfied with the phone and it's capabilities. I guess I've just resigned myself to a certain number of issues. But what's nice about this phone compared with others is that it is so easy to root and fix - no locked boot loader, no crazy Apple continually locking it back down with every update.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Well no of course I'm not getting rid of this phone, especially over something so stupid. It just bugs me.

I love how people are talking to me like I'm a child. Believe me- I take good care of my phones. I barely had any apps on it and I didn't even attempt to root any of my Motorolas. The people at the store said every time it was a hardware defect that was never my fault. THey got sick of giving me new ones, but they knew I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Sorry I felt the need to vent. Really. I never should have posted.

Lesson learned -- don't come into a forum and start right off with "I hate this...". Many of us are frustrated with issues on the Fascinate; you'll find good support here if you ask the right questions.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Lesson learned -- don't come into a forum and start right off with "I hate this...". Many of us are frustrated with issues on the Fascinate; you'll find good support here if you ask the right questions.

Packerbacker has actually been a forum member for a decent amount of time, in fact, longer than you have. If he wants a place to vent his frustrations with some issues he's having, that's his right and we welcome that. Thank you.

coriolan

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
the fascinate is flapped

this "lousy" phone froze every time there was an upgrade and there was nothing I could do to fix the problem; consequently, I am on my 4th or 5th fascinate; also, the screen always blacks out whenever I make a call and have to enter a number such as dialing an extension or go through a numbered menu...long behold the fascinate is a crappy phone - let's think for a moment...it does have a serious issue with it's modem, which causes the freezing issue - will not respond to a search query, which requires rebooting the phone after 4 or 5 queries - also, if the hardware is sooooo great how come Samsung is soooooo leery in upgrading the OS = simply because it does contain defective materials, and Samsung will not risk recalling or reimbursing 10+ million of consumers. Enough said, I made a mistake and bought a phone manufactured by a company that makes dishwashers, washers, dryers, dvd's, tv's and then some - would anyone buy a phone made by GE!!!!!!....same thing

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Packerbacker has actually been a forum member for a decent amount of time, in fact, longer than you have. If he wants a place to vent his frustrations with some issues he's having, that's his right and we welcome that. Thank you.
I'm a she, but thank you!

I know. I've been here awhile.

Not sure people are talking to you as if you were a child, but you have to admit, having 7 phones fail in a year is highly unusual. There are people who are hard on items even if they don't think so. My brother has run every car he's owned into the ground within 2 years. New, used, car, truck, expensive, cheap, it doesn't matter, 2 years and they're toast. But he'll swear he takes care of them.

Not saying this is you, but you have to forgive people for wondering considering the odds of the alternative.

Ehhh, we all need to vent from time to time. I've had far more frustrations with this phone than I did with my previous iPhone, but that said, I'm infinitely more satisfied with the phone and it's capabilities. I guess I've just resigned myself to a certain number of issues. But what's nice about this phone compared with others is that it is so easy to root and fix - no locked boot loader, no crazy Apple continually locking it back down with every update.
I know how it looks, believe me. But I'm telling the truth. I was just as baffled as everyone is upon reading it. I have no idea why all of my phones broke- but they all broke in different ways (speaker blew, vibration broke, etc. and when they'd reformat it in store, it wasn't corrected).

You're right about how easy it is to root. I rooted it so long ago that I forgot how to flash a new ROM and kernel though, so I'm kind of scared to do it again.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

I know how it looks, believe me. But I'm telling the truth. I was just as baffled as everyone is upon reading it. I have no idea why all of my phones broke- but they all broke in different ways (speaker blew, vibration broke, etc. and when they'd reformat it in store, it wasn't corrected).

You're right about how easy it is to root. I rooted it so long ago that I forgot how to flash a new ROM and kernel though, so I'm kind of scared to do it again.

My bad! I should know to include (s)he around here, haha.

As for the issues you're having, they're all issues I've heard of. Although rare, busted speakers, vibration and all that have all been things I've seen here reported on the forums. It doesn't happen often, but for some reason, they've all happened to you (what are the odds). I have no hard time believing it.

With that being said, I can only tell you that our guides to rooting/flashing have come a long way since you first probably tried it, and we'll be here to help you through the process if you need it. I won't pressure you to do something you're not comfortable with, but it helps to know that the help is there. :)

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
if there is something floating around inside your phone I'd take it back for a new one.

tbh, it's hard for me to recommend this phone to anyone. I love it, but I know on stock, it's not such a great phone. You have to root and debloat or flash a custom ROM to make this phone great, which is sad...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Use one of my odin packages after you backup your contacts and use titanium backup

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of when I used to play guitar in highschool. I spent I think $1200 (at the time a LOT of money for a highschool kid) on a nice new high-end guitar, and over the course of a year, I had to have it replaced 3 times because the neck kept cracking. And like you, I babied the thing. So yea, it happens!

I don't even bother rooting anymore. When we received my wife's, I never even booted the phone up. Started it right in download mode, fired up Odin and flashed the EB01 modem and the new Clockwork recovery. Put a pre-rooted Clockwork backup on the SD card and flashed it straight away.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy :p

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, it reminds me of when I used to play guitar in highschool. I spent I think $1200 (at the time a LOT of money for a highschool kid) on a nice new high-end guitar, and over the course of a year, I had to have it replaced 3 times because the neck kept cracking. And like you, I babied the thing. So yea, it happens!

Maybe if you had a full-float trem you wouldn't need to bend the neck so far... :D

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you had a full-float trem you wouldn't need to bend the neck so far... :D

:p

It did!!

It was an Ibanez Saber. Loved the thing, the body and neck were so thin, but they just kept breaking. Where the headstock piece of wood was glued to the main part of the neck started to split twice, and there was some issue with the truss rod on the 3rd. After the 3rd, I started calling Ibanez, I-Been-Had... because that's what it seemed like.

Ironically, my brother, who is murder on his cars and pretty much everything else, bought a Saber a few years later and had no trouble at all! Go figure.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
My first electric, produced by Baron Von Fakestrat, had a nice crack along the neck as well. Luckily that rock-solid rosewood fretboard held it together.

The fishman in my Ibanez acoustic kept killing batteries -- I took it back three times and they always said it was fine. Told me I was leaving the cable plugged in. IDIOTS!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The screen's nice, the design is okay, but it's so light, plasticy, and chinsy. Since day one I've had something rattling inside my phone whenever I slightly move it. It's so outdated after almost 6 months it disgusts me. I guess I wanted to see if I was the only one completely underwhelmed by this phone, and if anyone has ditched it and paid retail for something better.

I love mine, it's light but that doesn't make it cheap, mine's held up to being dropped and handled by my 6 year old on a regular basis. This display is great, it plays videos beautifully, phone works great, texting's good, angry birds good, it runs any app I've tried on it fine. Some guy in Radio Shack was showing me one of the latest HTC 4G phone (we don't have 4G in this town!) and it was no faster than my phone...
so what exactly are you underwhelmed with? what won't it do that you would like it to do better and faster?!

I love mine! Did i say that already??!

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No way this the best phone. I replaced my zune and cowon players with this phone. Tell you what for 50$ I will take it off your hands.

Sent from a Verizon Fascinate running sonofskywalker3 with go launcher ex.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Besides packerbacker it sort of feels like family here on the Fascinate forums with you and gunnermike, Corey, Chris, Sheepdog and all of the rest of us... we'd miss ya if ya weren't around here w/us ;-P

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Good to see Packerbacker on the forums again. I think you'll be happier with the phone running one of the custom roms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Most of us here hate the Fascinate as well, you've come to the right place. I went through 1011 Fascinates (sorry, one of the bad phones I got screwed up my brain and I can only speak in binary now), and then they said I could have "Any phone in the store" too. What an awesome day that was, Verizon felt so bad that they closed the store and let me come in by myself and pick out ANYTHING I wanted! King for a day!

You are so right about this phone being ridiculously outdated. I'm embarrassed for people to even see that I have this phone. This guy on the train was like "You have an AMOLED screeen? Pffffffftttt!" And just last week I had a woman literally walk out on me at dinner when she realized my phone still had Eclair on it. You could wear Zubas pants and a Button Your Fly t-shirt, or carry a Fascinate, its the exact same effect.

The only thing worse than the Fascinate is the morons that are developing roms for it. Or maybe the pathetic losers that moderate this forum. Plus all the poor saps that come here every day to talk about their red-headded stepchild phones.

Like I said, welcome, you've come to the right place to bash the Fascinate! :mad:

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I understand being frustrated with the phone. I read over these forums for 2 months before I was ready to root, now, I can't be happier.

I'm a little taken aback that you have lashed out at the mods and the developers who have taken the time to help us all out. I am very grateful for all the work they have done.

Everyone has expectations of thier phones, we just need to learn how to use them to thier full potential, thats where these guys come in.

Again, please don't bash the mods or devs.....the spend long hard hours helping us out, and walking us thru the "how tos" I know myself and many many other people on the forums appreciate every thing they do.

Reactions: wtherrell

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that you feel this way. I understand being frustrated with the phone. I read over these forums for 2 months before I was ready to root, now, I can't be happier.

I'm a little taken aback that you have lashed out at the mods and the developers who have taken the time to help us all out. I am very grateful for all the work they have done.

Everyone has expectations of thier phones, we just need to learn how to use them to thier full potential, thats where these guys come in.

Again, please don't bash the mods or devs.....the spend long hard hours helping us out, and walking us thru the "how tos" I know myself and many many other people on the forums appreciate every thing they do.

I found his post pathetic.

Women walked out on you cause you had a fascinate?

Guess what, you should be thankful....saved you a LIFETIME of trouble.

LMAO

As far as your AMOLED comment, tell me 1 smartphone display that better than Super AMOLED Fascinate has.

Personally, I think the phone is great.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I found his post pathetic.

Women walked out on you cause you had a fascinate?

Guess what, you should be thankful....saved you a LIFETIME of trouble.

LMAO

As far as your AMOLED comment, tell me 1 smartphone display that better than Super AMOLED Fascinate has.

Personally, I think the phone is great.

lol i dont buy that story at all, and if she did walk out cause of his phone then his phone just did him a favor.

I have worked with alot of phones and by far the fascinate is the best. and if you know how to harness the greatness of the phone no one would scoff at you. i have yet to sit with someone and compare phones and them say a word because as far as smoothness goes fascinate has it in buckets once set up properly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver