I Have a Feeling This Phone Will Be Awesome

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My gut tells me that many people will be disappointed with it.

They spent a lot of money on their "friends" modules and need to recoup from that aspect, I will wager that they are coming to the v20 as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't see how being modular makes a real difference. I have the G5 and it does not impact performance or quality of the phone.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
People don't want to have to buy add-ons and when they do... They want them available for starters and at miminal cost. They also want them to offer a substantial increase of performance that one can justify spending any extra on without destroying the form factors of the devices.

LG's whole design of this leaves a lot of people put off or haven't you bothered to read all the reviews and posts about it? When the majority of reviews from folks call them gimmicks.. It's a real good hint that a lot of people will be disappointed with it.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping if they continue the "friends" add ons with the v20, they are more like the spherical robot or vr goggles that don't require modularity. I can't see myself using any mods they change the form factor of my phone since it wouldn't allow me to use a case, leaving my phone unprotected.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
People don't want to have to buy add-ons and when they do... They want them available for starters and at miminal cost. They also want them to offer a substantial increase of performance that one can justify spending any extra on without destroying the form factors of the devices.

LG's whole design of this leaves a lot of people put off or haven't you bothered to read all the reviews and posts about it? When the majority of reviews from folks call them gimmicks.. It's a real good hint that a lot of people will be disappointed with it.

It does not impact the quality of the phone. Most of the people that complain about the phone never used one.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It does not impact the quality of the phone. Most of the people that complain about the phone never used one.

It does impact the phone..

The could have just as easily improved the phone instead of putting effort into a add on.

And you really need to read more, many people have the phone and still complain.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It does impact the phone..

The could have just as easily improved the phone instead of putting effort into a add on.

And you really need to read more, many people have the phone and still complain.

I've read plenty....I've seen all the major reviews and most of the comments. I've owned the phone since day 1. This phone outperforms or performs just as well as anything else out there. The build quality is fine.... No issues. My only complaint is that the GPS is not as strong as my previous phones but they were all Moto and they are known for having the best radios.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've read plenty....I've seen all the major reviews and most of the comments. I've owned the phone since day 1. This phone outperforms or performs just as well as anything else out there. The build quality is fine.... No issues. My only complaint is that the GPS is not as strong as my previous phones but they were all Moto and they are known for having the best radios.

Actually it doesn't preform just as well as all others. It does better on somethings but it falls flat on others unless you spend your money on the modules... That's the whole point of this... They could have been the phone to beat if they had taken that technology and put it in the phone and it's why they aren't selling well... Different doesn't equate into better

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually it doesn't preform just as well as all others. It does better on somethings but it falls flat on others unless you spend your money on the modules... That's the whole point of this... They could have been the phone to beat if they had taken that technology and put it in the phone and it's why they aren't selling well... Different doesn't equate into better

You are entitled to believe what you want. I'm done with this conversation.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
They can't double down on those add-ons or modules. Not when Moto's versions are far better executed, more useful, and actually available to purchase.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot of people agree that while LG's modular system was a good idea, the overall execution left a whole lot to be desired, especially when Motorola's Motomods semi-modular accessories platform was executed much better, especially when you consider that it's easier to use and also has actual stuff to use.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think a lot of people agree that while LG's modular system was a good idea, the overall execution left a whole lot to be desired, especially when Motorola's Motomods semi-modular accessories platform was executed much better, especially when you consider that it's easier to use and also has actual stuff to use.

Agreed....Moto did it the right way but overall I don't see this whole modular thing catching on. Its still a novelty to a lot of people and there is uncertainty on how many generations you will be able to use the modules for.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think this phone will be great too! I hope Rogers will carry it or else I'll have to save up a ton of money to buy an unlocked version...!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174