I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, you have questions — ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi just got an S6 at AT&T store, and i wanted to wait to set up. She let me leave store without installing SIM Card. Whats the best start for me? I think i should charge it. Several posts i seem to recall mentioning booting up the 1st time without the SIM Card. Should I do this? Any advantage, or no? I was real leary about trading in my iPhone 5S but it's done now. Just want to give myself the best chance to start using this most wisely. Few things I notice, I asked about a sealed box and was told only Apple seals their devices. Any thoughts about the AT&T 5.1.1 update and when we may get it? Thanks for reading.

unopened Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB Black

There's no advantage or disadvantage to charging it before starting it for the first time, or booting it up with or without a SIM. You're obviously going to want to get an active SIM in it sooner rather than later so you can start using it...

Most boxes are "sealed" in that there's a bit of tape around the edges that shows whether or not the box has been opened. That's how most manufacturers handle it.

Both T-Mobile and US Cellular have pushed 5.1.1 updates to the GS6. I wouldn't think AT&T would be too far behind.

Hi Andrew!

With older Galaxy S phones there used to be a way to grab a still from a video after you shot it. That appears to be gone on the S6, even though there's a way to grab a still from a video during recording. This seems silly. Do you know if there is a way to grab a still from a video after it was recorded on the S6?

Thanks!

That's no longer built into the camera/gallery, it seems. Would have to look into another 3rd party gallery app to do it.

Which one act better in battery life?

Both the GS6 and S6 edge have identical battery life. The 50 mAh battery size difference has no material affect on the length of the battery.

cannot use google now to set reminders. on S5 it worked perfectly but on S6 it constantly tells me Google can't be reached now. I've tried everything - any similar issues or solutions? thanks!

Not really a GS6 specific issue — this can happen on any phone. Sounds like a network or app problem.

Hi,
Can you help me out with a question?
When I swipe to open the phone the phone page/phone dial comes up automatically. A lot of times I'm not opening it to use the phone. Is there a way to bypass the phone and go to the Menu/icon screen?
Thanks a lot.
JR

You're swiping from the bottom left corner, which opens up the phone. Swipe from the middle to just unlock to the homescreen.

I have a question, not sure if this was discussed already, but can you use multi-window while on the phone... Let's say I'm talking on the phone and wanted to open another app how would I do that? thanks in advance

Just press the home button while in a call. You can then use any app you want and keep the call going.

Hi can you use a Bluetooth stylus with S6E? If yes how do you pair them?
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Sure you can. Every BT stylus has its own pairing procedure.

Can one of you guys try taking a picture while moving the camera slowly and tell me if there is any lag with the live view after the picture is taken. It happens on my camera immediately after I snap a pic, the whole live view stutters a bit then it is smooth. Driving me crazy.

I haven't noticed stutter in the camera viewfinder like that.

I been looking up about the battery life of s6 and people been saying its rubbish. would I get a full day if my screen brightness on 10% and I only listen to 1 hours of music and a hour with 3g on. so from 7am to 4pm would it last me

Really going to depend on the network you're connected to and the apps you have installed and running. What you've described isn't intensive at all and the battery should have no problem keeping the phone alive for that length of time. The real questions what else are you doing during that time? Surely the phone will have other apps installed and you'll be doing things other than just 1 hour of music listening and 1 hour with data on...

Status
Not open for further replies.