I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
^ THAT's the "big part of the advertising" of the Nexus 4? That's not even advertising, all this considered

Not to mention, the information we're currently discussing was also on page 4 of that document, which doesn't exactly scream headlining feature.

I was pointing out to the user below that the wireless charging was NOT "a big part of the advertising" of the phone. The pure Google experience is the lure of Nexus devices, as we all know (or so I thought). My point was simply to say the wireless charging, while very cool, is not what this phone is all about; it's a gimmick.

P.S. There is hardly, if any, advertising for Nexus phone's (compared to big advertisers such as Samsung & Apple).

So I'll say again, in no way does the wireless charging orb's release date have to have any correlation to the release date of the Nexus 4. It could come out in 3 months for all we know, not a big deal buddy.

I dont think anyone is making it a big deal. Just hoping for the charging orb while not a major marketing point it is a feature and I'm sure theres more peole than me and this dude that would like to see it released along with the phone

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont think anyone is making it a big deal. Just hoping for the charging orb while not a major marketing point it is a feature and I'm sure theres more peole than me and this dude that would like to see it released along with the phone

As do I, but if you had read his prior posts, he was commenting how strange it was that no information was released about the "orb" considering the phone is due out this week. My original argument: it's not strange and Google has said nothing that should give someone the idea the phone will be debuting exactly when the orb does.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
As do I, but if you had read his prior posts, he was commenting how strange it was that no information was released about the "orb" considering the phone is due out this week. My original argument: it's not strange and Google has said nothing that should give someone the idea the phone will be debuting exactly when the orb does.

I did read them. I find it a bit strange. Maybe not strange so much as just a bit off. I understand the N7 was supposed to get accessories and didn't or it took a long time which ever. But its an accessories for this phone why do you find it weird that we'd like to know more about it being as how the phone releases soon. Also Wireless charging is one of the features listed on the nexus 4 page in the play store. So id just think they'd want us using there wireless charger rather than another companys that is currently available.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I did read them. I find it a bit strange. Maybe not strange so much as just a bit off. I understand the N7 was supposed to get accessories and didn't or it took a long time which ever. But its an accessorie for this phone why do you find it weird that we'd like to know more about it being as how the phone releases soon.

I agree. Apple would release this charger with such fan fare that ifans would be knawing off their arms to get one. Apple would sell it for too much money just like they do with all their lightening connectors and stupid adapters. They make it seem like anyone who doesn't have one for their iphone would be missing out.

Google has the opportunity to take this very handy accessory and market the crap out of it. I hope they don't let it trickle out late with sloppy delivery. It will only show how they are not as prepared as Apple.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Apple would release this charger with such fan fare that ifans would be knawing off their arms to get one. Apple would sell it for too much money just like they do with all their lightening connectors and stupid adapters. They make it seem like anyone who doesn't have one for their iphone would be missing out.

Google has the opportunity to take this very handy accessory and market the crap out of it. I hope they don't let it trickle out late with sloppy delivery. It will only show how they are not as prepared as Apple.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
wo wo wo. One to many apples in that post lol. But i do agree it would suck if they let it slip under the radar

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
We can always just get a Nokia charger anyhow, they have the Qi standard as well.

That's exactly why i think Google needs to bring this out with the phone. A lot of people who really want wireless charging might just go grab something else. those are people who Google could be selling this to

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly why i think Google needs to bring this out with the phone. A lot of people who really want wireless charging might just go grab something else. those are people who Google could be selling this to

yeah I agree, I guess it depends if Google are now in the hardware game or just wanting to showcase software. 6 months ago I would have said software, with all the tablets now though I'm not too sure.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
^ THAT's the "big part of the advertising" of the Nexus 4? That's not even advertising, all this considered

Not to mention, the information we're currently discussing was also on page 4 of that document, which doesn't exactly scream headlining feature.

I was pointing out to the user below that the wireless charging was NOT "a big part of the advertising" of the phone. The pure Google experience is the lure of Nexus devices, as we all know (or so I thought). My point was simply to say the wireless charging, while very cool, is not what this phone is all about; it's a gimmick....
You may've mistaken me for someone who gives a ?&$*. ;-)

I'm sure the wireless Nexus charging orb will be available just as quickly as the Nexus 7 dock has been.

Oh. Um.... Hmm.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Am I the only one who doesn't care about all that wireless charging stuff? I mean, sure it's cool and stuff but if you want to use your phone while charging it it becomes completely useless. The charging time also increase and despite that it's a "modern" battery, I still doubt that putting it on/off charging may times until you finally reach a decent amount of battery is in any way healthy.
But meh, a coil in the rear of the phone isn't exactly a breakthrough technology anyways.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is just quick and easy. I have a HP Touchpad with a touchstone and it just works great. I want one of those Nokia fat boys so I can just throw my phone on it while driving around and it charges up. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

NexusPuzzled

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
maye sure calendar is synced in the settings-->google-->[your account]-->calendar

Thank you. That sync is selected - was all along - but the Calendar appointments are still not showing.

Am new to Nexus 7 Tablet, so I have more questions:

On my W7 laptop, I IM from inside my GMail web site with other GMail people. Would I do that on the Nexus 7 with Google Talk?

Also on my laptop, using the GMail web site application, using the Google "Call Phone" ( not Skype) feature I make voice calls to any number - free for all of North America and pretty cheap to other parts. How would I do that from my Nexus 7?

Thank you again.
NexusPuzzled

Why is there no Adobe Flash app for Android?

raazman

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. That sync is selected - was all along - but the Calendar appointments are still not showing.

On my W7 laptop, I IM from inside my GMail web site with other GMail people. Would I do that on the Nexus 7 with Google Talk?

Also on my laptop, using the GMail web site application, using the Google "Call Phone" ( not Skype) feature I make voice calls to any number - free for all of North America and pretty cheap to other parts. How would I do that from my Nexus 7?

Thank you again.
NexusPuzzled

Why is there no Adobe Flash app for Android?

1. Yes you'll be able to message people through google talk through the application, it should already come pre-installed.
2. For calling using google voice, you'll need an application like GoogleIP or SipDroid.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't care about all that wireless charging stuff? I mean, sure it's cool and stuff but if you want to use your phone while charging it it becomes completely useless. ...
You CAN use it on Google's Qi charger, its angled towards you.

Ok, you need to mosie yourself over to fhe Nexus7 forums, search for prior discussions that match your question, or post a new question THERE. Asking your N7 questions here is called "off-topic."

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/

Last edited:

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know the width and height of the screen minus the soft keys for the Nexus 4?

It's said to be 4.3". Should be accurate more or less.

EDIT: Oops sorry didn't read that correctly, don't know the actual height/width, but if you know the diagonal you could pretty much calculate it with some math.. *cough*