I have a OnePlus One - ask me about it!

shlk7

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What do you really like about the phone in your first few hours of using it? What about it made you smile?
(An example: When I first purchased the M7 and watched a youtube video with the stereo speakers it just amazed me!)

FaTaL_Err0r

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The screen seemed not to be very responsive in the videos. Like a lag. Is this true or it is as responsive to touch (gestures) as a nexus 5 for example? Can you enable "Show Touches" from developer Options and tell us how far behind your finger is the trace? Thanks :)

littlenoodles

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it weird having capacitive buttons *and* on screen buttons? I like soft buttons, but does it feel like wasted space on the one plus one?

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
There are five gestures available when the screen is off. You can draw a circle to turn on the camera, draw a V to turn on the flash light and you can swipe 2 fingers to play/pause music or draw arrows left and right to skip music tracks. Though this has created many bugs for me. The flashlight and music will often turn on when the phone's in my pocket or just sitting on a table, so i think things are a little too sensitive on the screen and it's picking up "touches" that aren't actually there. I'm turning these gestures off for now so my music stops turning on randomly :p .

It has Google Now, it has all the Google apps available to it. But this is not the Google Now Launcher, it's Trebuchet, so you'd have to sideload that yourself.

I recall roughly 11.2GB being free on this 16GB model when i just had a few apps installed. I have about 40 apps installed now and have 9.59GB free.

No go on any US carriers. Unlocked GSM for T-Mobile, AT&T or any other prepaid GSM carrier in the US.

Here's one just from today at the market. Haven't taken all that many ? many more to come!

View attachment 116049

Thanks, I was hoping.......but....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

thiazw

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've read that the buttons can be slightly too flushed against the side of the phone, but are they difficult to press (are the buttons wide enough to be pressed comfortably)? And how about the button travel--does it require a hard press or is it comparable to that of the Note 3? PS. Thanks for creating this thread! It helps a lot of potential 1+1 buyers (like me) decide on whether to get this phone or wait for the next flagship from other brands and proceed to load cm11.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
It's a unlocked smartphone that comes with 64GB of internal memory and high-end specs for $350. A comparable device from Samsung or Apple would cost an extra $400-$500 .

Actually, an iPhone 64 gigabyte model is around $800. Most Android flagship with comparable storage capacity I also around $700-$800.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
What do you really like about the phone in your first few hours of using it? What about it made you smile?
(An example: When I first purchased the M7 and watched a youtube video with the stereo speakers it just amazed me!)

It's well-made. Solid. And the software is relatively clean (I expected CM to be more bloated nowadays).

The screen seemed not to be very responsive in the videos. Like a lag. Is this true or it is as responsive to touch (gestures) as a nexus 5 for example? Can you enable "Show Touches" from developer Options and tell us how far behind your finger is the trace? Thanks :)

After spending more time with it it seems the touch sensitivity is a little lower than I'm used to on the Nexus 5 (and other flagships). I'm assured future builds coming this week fix the problem.

Is it weird having capacitive buttons *and* on screen buttons? I like soft buttons, but does it feel like wasted space on the one plus one?

Not really. When you select the on-screen buttons, the capacitive ones disappear pretty well. You really can't notice them being there. And it's actually rather nice to use the on-screen buttons since the screen is incredibly large and reaching down for the capacitive buttons is tough.

The only downside I'm finding here is that when you disable the capacitive keys the entire bottom bezel is now dead to touch completely — meaning it feels like the touch targets for the on-screen buttons are smaller than usual because your finger hitting both the bezel and the screen often doesn't register as a touch. Possibly related to the touch sensitivity issues ^^^ but we'll see if it gets fixed.

Is it everything I ever dreamed out in a phone.? jk

- - - Updated - - -

But really does it feel cheap.? light.?

Doesn't feel cheap at all, really. It feels dense, and large. It feels appropriately weighted.

I've read that the buttons can be slightly too flushed against the side of the phone, but are they difficult to press (are the buttons wide enough to be pressed comfortably)? And how about the button travel--does it require a hard press or is it comparable to that of the Note 3? PS. Thanks for creating this thread! It helps a lot of potential 1+1 buyers (like me) decide on whether to get this phone or wait for the next flagship from other brands and proceed to load cm11.

The phone I have is definitely pre-production and I can say the buttons are a bit too flush to the side. It's something you get used to — every phone's buttons are different — but I definitely notice the buttons being a little tough to hit.

How much memory is left on the phone I saw a picture of the settings and it didn't have much can clear that up for me

Noted a couple times earlier in the thread already.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Andrew I forgot to ask if you're able to use Google Wallet tap-to-pay on the OPO?? I'm sure you can. I'm just tired of only using ISIS.

sbenson

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, an iPhone 64 gigabyte model is around $800. Most Android flagship with comparable storage capacity I also around $700-$800.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Which is exactly what he said above.

$350 + $400 = $750
$350 + $500 = $850

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you figured out where put the One Plus when you are out and about, to keep it safe, unobtrusive and comfortable and convenient for you?

I've been tormenting over that issue for myself. I'm in the habit of putting my phone in my shirt pocket, but I don't see that is feasible with this 3x6" beast of a phone. I dread the thought of having to keep in my pants pockets.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Andrew I forgot to ask if you're able to use Google Wallet tap-to-pay on the OPO?? I'm sure you can. I'm just tired of only using ISIS.

Google Wallet is installed and it turns on Tap & Pay just fine. Haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

Have you figured out where put the One Plus when you are out and about, to keep it safe, unobtrusive and comfortable and convenient for you?

I've been tormenting over that issue for myself. I'm in the habit of putting my phone in my shirt pocket, but I don't see that is feasible with this 3x6" beast of a phone. I dread the thought of having to keep in my pants pockets.

In my pants pocket, where I put every other phone. It's a tighter fit than any other phone I've used, but it works.

limdoug

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you had a chance to test if it has mhl or slimport or some other video out capabilities?

Posted via Android Central App

Engelskrieger

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for answering questions for us :D

I would like to pick up the "gestures" again... You said, that they are predefined. Is it not possible to map the gestures to other functions? On the Find 7 you have these predefined off-screen gestures too. But If you want to open a app instead the camera when drawing a circle this is possible. Not so on the OPO?

You said that the gestures with screen off are way to sensitive. Are they really working when wearing the phone in the pocket? I thought the gestures dont work if the proximity sensor detects something above?

sic0048

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that you've used the phone a couple of days, are you ready to give any insight on how battery performance is?

I know the spec's I should've been more clean. How much available memory is left after activation?

This has been answered at least twice in this thread. He doesn't remember the exact figure, but it was more than 11 gb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3