I have been using Oneplus 6T for over a month to test out the camera

hkdigitalking

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am a freelance photographer and video producer based in Hong Kong. I have been testing the new release Oneplus 6T for over a month, shooting official photo samples for the company and testing out the camera abilities.

So I want to share some experience on photo taking regarding the Oneplus 6T, as a photographer perspective. The first thing I want to mention is the device only provide one single focal lens, this make quite difficult for composition, as nowaday, smartphone companies are releasing new devices with 3 to 4 lens, with different range of focal length. Some of my shot, I have to use a modify attachment tele lens to nail it

Next, the built-in OIS work quite well, a lots of low night shot it could still get you sharp picture while using a lower shutter speed like 1/10sec. HDR also perform quite good in most situation, but on some difficult scenes, you can still get weird result, especially on the color tone, the software just can't do a proper white balance calculation. Also, the noise level is still a little high, even in my daylight picture.

The company is emphasizing their auto night mode, and I think it still need to catch up. The result I get is very inconstant, sometime the picture will push the ISO to 9600, which I think ISO 800-1250 can be done. It can also over sharpened your image, processing time take quite long too, sometime it can took up to 4 to 5 seconds. Lots of night shot I took, need to use full manual mode to capture the effect I wanted. Overall, it's not up to the level compare to the latest Google Pixel 3.

If you are interested how good is the camera on Oneplus 6T, you can check out my IG (bestshotonwhat), I will be posting lots of samples photo in the next few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech