I know it's super early but will the lg g4 get Android N ?

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I know, I know it's way early and that Android N is not even out, but I just wondering if we will get Android N.
What do you guys think?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Will your phone still be usable by the time N comes out? Will Donal Trump be the President when N comes out? Will LG still be in business when N comes out?

Dude....seriously....enjoy the fluffy white sugar nugget and dont think too hard about what will not matter a year from now. You will probably have used 2 different phones from now till then lol

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Will your phone still be usable by the time N comes out? Will Donal Trump be the President when N comes out? Will LG still be in business when N comes out?

Dude....seriously....enjoy the fluffy white sugar nugget and dont think too hard about what will not matter a year from now. You will probably have used 2 different phones from now till then lol

Dude... Seriously...

Not everyone changes phones multiple times a year so there's nothing wrong with starting a convo about N.

The G4 should get N because it's a good phone but it will be about 18 months old by the time N hits Nexus devices and over 20 months old by the time carriers start pushing it. So, I'm doubtful it will get it.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
After the marshmallow update, who cares? I don't want any more updates that don't do anything except make me reset my phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
After the marshmallow update, who cares? I don't want any more updates that don't do anything except make me reset my phone.

Hmm, well plenty of people do want updates. I have 3 G4's on my account, all running MM without issue.

FDR should always be a last resort. Most issues are able to be diagnosed and dealt with before jumping the gun and wasting time on FDR.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, well plenty of people do want updates. I have 3 G4's on my account, all running MM without issue.

FDR should always be a last resort. Most issues are able to be diagnosed and dealt with before jumping the gun and wasting time on FDR.

What did MM actually do to benefit us? Just curious, because I didn't notice anything except holding down on my home button for google now. I found it just as easy to swipe it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Dude... Seriously...

Not everyone changes phones multiple times a year so there's nothing wrong with starting a convo about N.

The G4 should get N because it's a good phone but it will be about 18 months old by the time N hits Nexus devices and over 20 months old by the time carriers start pushing it. So, I'm doubtful it will get it.

Dude....seriously serious.....you just gave the OP the same answer i did.......haaaaa. My comment was just dripping with sarcasm compared to yours....but you gave the same answer basically. No one knows.....is the answer.

Ivan Ferrer

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I think they should upgrade. Some people bought this (kind of) good high-end phone to have it for a long time (many years!), instead of buying a cheaper chinese one every 1/2 years.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is doze mode. It tends to doze your alarm clock, so when you think you are going to get up for work, you just keep sleeping, because your alarm app is dozing. Thanks again Marshmellow.

The stock alarm clock should respect the ignore optimizations setting so it still works. Third party alarms are also starting to be updated for M too. I personally use Alarm Clock Xtreme now that it's been updated and haven't had a problem since.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The stock app is the one that burnt me. I downloaded timely app, and keep it plugged in overnight now, which seems to work. Keeping it plugged in stops doze mode from activating.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, S5's are getting marshmallow now so I would think since I got 3 updates on that phone that maybe the G4 will get N. No promises though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The stock app is the one that burnt me. I downloaded timely app, and keep it plugged in overnight now, which seems to work. Keeping it plugged in stops doze mode from activating.

Have you gone into the ignore optimization settings then so doze doesn't affect the stock alarm clock? Unfortunately that's a step you need to do that isn't covered well.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did do that change that in settings. I'll set the alarm this weekend and leave it unplugged to see if it works and report back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324