I returned my Galaxy Note 2 for this phone.

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Let me start by saying I absolutely loved the GN2. I got it on launch day and really loved the speed of the phone and all the features. But at first I thought the size was perfect, but the more I used it I found myself debating the size. My feeling was the phone rocks for at home but the mobile experience became too cumbersome for me. Alas, the next and only logical choice to me was the Droid RAZR Maxx HD. I have to say after having this phone for a few days, this is easily the best smartphone I ve ever had and I owned the Galaxy Nexus and GS3 in the last year. The build quality is freakin magnificent and the antennas in this bad boy are crazy. Just wanted to pass this on, as I know I might be in the minority who passed on the GN2 for this phone....but I am smitten with this phone.

Screenshot_2013-01-16-09-18-16_zpsa4383422.png

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I thought I was the only one in the world that might've done this very same thing....in fact, I almost started this thread yesterday, so thanks for saving me the trouble! ;-)

I too, like yourself LOVED everything about the Note II, but as you said, for "the mobile experience became too cumbersome for me". I actually had used my wife's upgrade to get it and gave her my GS3 which I also loved, but I'm a heavy user during the day and the S3 battery just wasn't cutting it for me. At the 12th hour, I decided to exchange the Note II for this phone and I could not be any happier. The size is perfect for me, I LOVE the build quality and the way it feels in the hand....it's also snappier than I expected(even tho many have complained about the 1GB of RAM vs the 2GB on the S3). Because it's running closer to stock Android, I believe that the 2GB is not really necessary for this phone.

There are definitely things I will miss on TouchWiz and on the NoteII, but so far, I think I am good now with a phone for a while, the Razr Maxx HD suits all my needs and the HD screen is beautiful!

So, for any of you out there that are looking for comparisons between the GS3, the Note II, and the Razr Maxx HD, I have tried all 3 now and can provide any details if necessary! :)

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I thought I was the only one in the world that might've done this very same thing....in fact, I almost started this thread yesterday, so thanks for saving me the trouble! ;-)

I too, like yourself LOVED everything about the Note II, but as you said, for "the mobile experience became too cumbersome for me". I actually had used my wife's upgrade to get it and gave her my GS3 which I also loved, but I'm a heavy user during the day and the S3 battery just wasn't cutting it for me. At the 12th hour, I decided to exchange the Note II for this phone and I could not be any happier. The size is perfect for me, I LOVE the build quality and the way it feels in the hand....it's also snappier than I expected(even tho many have complained about the 1GB of RAM vs the 2GB on the S3). Because it's running closer to stock Android, I believe that the 2GB is not really necessary for this phone.

There are definitely things I will miss on TouchWiz and on the NoteII, but so far, I think I am good now with a phone for a while, the Razr Maxx HD suits all my needs and the HD screen is beautiful!

So, for any of you out there that are looking for comparisons between the GS3, the Note II, and the Razr Maxx HD, I have tried all 3 now and can provide any details if necessary! :)

Nice. There are two of us out there....ha.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my Razr Maxx HD on launch day, and it's easily the best smartphone I've ever had.

I've never owned the note II but an aquaintance of mine had one and I toyed with it a little when we were at a dinner and my thoughts were it's just a little big.

So now I'm just waiting for my next smartphone to be released sometime in the Summer of 2014.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a phone that I considered perfect until this one. My previous phones are a ton of BBs, iPhone 4 and the HTC One X. I loved this phone so much that I left ATT for Verizon. The styling, software, build quality, battery, etc. are phenomenal and somehow this phone doesn't get mentioned much, if at all. I can honestly say, I'll no doubt keep this phone through my 2 year contract and may even consider buying it as new old stock online after this one wears out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that the Note II is one of the coolest, most powerful devices you can get, but it comes down to whether you can work with having something that size be your main phone.

I don't find the Maxx HD perfect, but I'm happy with my decision because it's just as functional as other phones but it beats the battery life of everything else, so I can use it on the subway to and from work and do whatever during the day and it won't run out. Also, Moto was one of the first on the softkey train outside of the Nexus line, and that's a nice feature. It's one of the only phones that I think truly has Jelly Bean, because the softkeys are a major design feature of the OS. Nova Launcher helps it really shine though I think.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on a Note 2, but this thing was definitely on my radar. One thing that I had issue with was the camera. Those of you who have had both, what do you think?

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on a Note 2, but this thing was definitely on my radar. One thing that I had issue with was the camera. Those of you who have had both, what do you think?

The GN2 camera is definitely sharper in my opinion. But I m fine with the camera on this phone....its good enough for me.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The GN2 camera is definitely sharper in my opinion. But I m fine with the camera on this phone....its good enough for me.

Thanks! I take a lot of pictures (two young kids) and this is my biggest issue with Moto phones. I'd probably have to try it out to get the full effect, but it is kind of nice seeing a few people come from the GN2 to the Maxx HD.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy Note II camera is superior but if you're just taking pictures for personal use than the RAZR HD is fine for this. Of course, neither phone is a professional camera so either way it doesn't matter. The way people talk about Motorola cameras you would swear they don't take pictures at all.

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Note II camera is superior but if you're just taking pictures for personal use than the RAZR HD is fine for this. Of course, neither phone is a professional camera so either way it doesn't matter. The way people talk about Motorola cameras you would swear they don't take pictures at all.

LOL! Thank you Eclipse2K! I was thinking the same thing when I was hesitant to switch because of all the reviews I read about the Camera! That's part of the reason i stayed away in the first place, but as I tested it out in the store, I was like, 'Ok, they're not as good as the GS3/Note2 I agree, but they're not THAT bad". Granted, I came to realize that camera wasn't that important to me at the end of the day, and the Maxx HD is plenty fine for me. Like you said, neither is as good as a camera anyways so in some respects it doesn't matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqw999adsfdg