I want to kill Verizon

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I cannot believe this S"""t
Out of curiosity after learning that root status shows up in status area of phone I noticed that my 5 day old lg g2 said Rooted.. WTF
I never rooted the friggen thing. I tried calling c/s no one picked up so I opened chat box , explained the situation , you freaks sent me used phone no warranty now ta boot
" im sorry sir we cannot replace phone it has been rooted" you not listening you freak you sent me used mthr f####g phone arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
goddddddddddd.
I need to screammmmmmmmmmmmm. When you pick phone up check this area dont get screwed like me. I havent given up yet operation desert shield coming.

Sorry about btching im madddddddddddd

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe this S"""t
Out of curiosity after learning that root status shows up in status area of phone I noticed that my 5 day old lg g2 said Rooted.. WTF
I never rooted the friggen thing. I tried calling c/s no one picked up so I opened chat box , explained the situation , you freaks sent me used phone no warranty now ta boot
" im sorry sir we cannot replace phone it has been rooted" you not listening you freak you sent me used mthr f####g phone arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
goddddddddddd.
I need to screammmmmmmmmmmmm. When you pick phone up check this area dont get screwed like me. I havent given up yet operation desert shield coming.

Sorry about btching im madddddddddddd

Hi. Welcome to the forums!
What happened to the original?

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
its sitting in front of me. the phone is fine but god if i have trouble with it . isool. Im gonna call again tomorrow.
" oh we dont root phones we dont send used phone out " BS scumbab

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
true xr6 can try to flash stock, but now he/she has to go through the process of doing it, and that is time wasted that can be used playing with new toy. that sucks that you got a rooted phone and verizon wont take it back, even though they are the ones who gave it you in the first place.

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you had kept calm instead of blowing up at the customer service rep you would probably have gotten your phone replaced. But now your account has been noted and anyone who pulls it up will see those notes and be completely unwilling to help you.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there something logged in the phone that shows the date it was rooted? If so he can prove the date of rooting was earlier than the date he received it. Case closed.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Out of pure curiosity does anyone know how the UI checks for root? Is it really rooted or the root-check is buggy? I didn't check my 3 G2's for this before returning them (for reasons of defects), it never occurred to me.

Can't verizon check if that phone was ever purchased or activated before? Can someone still root it without activating it first? Maybe LG rooted it in the factory to debug a problem and forgot to restore it. ;)

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
ok I never abused the person unless you consider " you have to be kidding " as abuse and then closing chat box. What, I have to buy another phone out rite and be out potentially hundreds of dollar. they incorporated a system to void peoples warranty a system that is fallible. How many people walking around with g2 with this issue that dont even know what rooting is.Anyway Im getting new one in mail , I still had to pay for it until they can verify issue is with them, I guess they can pull logs, by the way app for checking root says it aint rooted. They still say no way mannnnn it cannot be on there end,. Yes I guess I must have forgotten that I downloaded verizon drivers hooked up phone to pc , and I also must have forgotten about the chinese stuff. yes its me

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont know how it checks im sure given time some dude will bypass this security system aswell. Problem with returning due to defects dont they give you reconditioned ones , although g2 is still new on market so you would probably get new one for a while

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont know how it checks im sure given time some dude will bypass this security system aswell. Problem with returning due to defects dont they give you reconditioned ones , although g2 is still new on market so you would probably get new one for a while

If it's within first 14 days they must give you a brand new unit. Company policy. Long story about why I asked, but when I returned my 2nd G2 due to overheating I asked if it was possible to get my first phone back which I returned a few hours ago, and they are not allowed because it wasn't new. Also one thing I thought of you may not have liked is just return the phone and pay the restocking fee. That's the worry free guarantee blah blah. I can't guarantee it but in my experience of returning 3 G2's, they did not look for the rooted status. They may not even know the G2 shows it. Most sales people I talked with have never played with the phone or apparently snoozed through the training.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thats very true, the 3 or 4 times I went into verizon concerning phone they hadn't even heard of the phone., after pushing through all the droid and samsung phones I found the g2 on my own. I try to be honest with people i didnt like the fact that I might have gotten a used phone but i could live with that but possibility that my warranty was kaput in case of future issues was a 600 dollar gamble I wasnt willing to take. And i should ave to take a 35 dollar hit. They charge you 30 for upgrade 30 for activation and 35 for exchange when does it end

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ok I never abused the person unless you consider " you have to be kidding " as abuse and then closing chat box. What, I have to buy another phone out rite and be out potentially hundreds of dollar. they incorporated a system to void peoples warranty a system that is fallible. How many people walking around with g2 with this issue that dont even know what rooting is.Anyway Im getting new one in mail , I still had to pay for it until they can verify issue is with them, I guess they can pull logs, by the way app for checking root says it aint rooted. They still say no way mannnnn it cannot be on there end,. Yes I guess I must have forgotten that I downloaded verizon drivers hooked up phone to pc , and I also must have forgotten about the chinese stuff. yes its me

Thats not what you said in your original post, so I'm only going by how you said you reacted.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thats very true, the 3 or 4 times I went into verizon concerning phone they hadn't even heard of the phone., after pushing through all the droid and samsung phones I found the g2 on my own. I try to be honest with people i didnt like the fact that I might have gotten a used phone but i could live with that but possibility that my warranty was kaput in case of future issues was a 600 dollar gamble I wasnt willing to take. And i should ave to take a 35 dollar hit. They charge you 30 for upgrade 30 for activation and 35 for exchange when does it end

If you return your phone because it doesn't work they cannot charge you the 35

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude