I went from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 plus....bad mistake. What Android should I go back to?

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
note 4 to iphone 6 plus bad mistake

Had the Note 2, 3, and 4 but liked the looks of the iphone 6 plus. Battery life is much better with Iphone 6 plus (either I am not using as much or better battery). Has been 2 months and ran into my first YUCK moment with ios. I downloaded some songs from Freegal and they do not go directly into the music app. I have to connect to iTunes on the computer. Bad idea. I don't want to connect to a computer. So I want to go back to Android.

I do not need a fancy Note again. I want better battery life and android os. Android is so much simpler. I loved Google Now on my Note. I've been reading a lot of posts about "stock" and "touchwiz". What does "touchwiz" do that "stock" does not? Is there a phone that runs "GoogleNow"?

Just trying to figure out which droid to go back to. Looks aren't important. The phone will be in a case anyway so what the back is made of doesn't matter.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: note 4 to iphone 6 plus bad mistake

Howdy.
TouchWiz is the name of the Operating System on the Samsung devices.
I have heard it is alot better on the S6.
Stock Android can be found on the Nexus line of devices. The current one is the Nexus 6 which I have and love.
All Android phones have Google and Google Now so that will be there with any one you get.

See if this helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...de-soc-breakdown-what-phone-should-i-get.html

Mav. :cool:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Google Now has a launcher, though I haven't tried it. TouchWiz, in simple terms, is just basically a launcher that Samsung puts on all their phones. As far as other phones, I stick to Samsung and like the battery life of the Note phones and really like all the stuff the spen does on the Note 4. Someone else might can help you more on other phones.

Also with just using Google Now, all Android phone should be able to use that. If you are wanting the Google Now launcher, which you might if you use Google Now a lot, that shouldn't be a problem with any of the new Android phones either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

What do you think of the Lg G3 32gb, Samsung s5 and the Nexus 6?

I've had the S5. I didn't like that it was only 16 gig and the battery isn't close to the N4 or iPhone 6. If you are a heavy user, the battery might be an issue. I did notice the other day though, Best Buy had their S5's on sale for $1 on contract. They have done that several times off and on, since Black Friday.

The battery wasn't enough for me on the S5 either, the screen size, I got used to (came from a Note 3) but I like the 32 gig phone and the bigger battery. I don't know about the other two myself.

The Nexus will be more pure Android, than any Samsung phone, because Samsung uses TouchWiz.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

What do you think of the Lg G3 32gb, Samsung s5 and the Nexus 6?

If you're considering the G3 and S5 (I'm not familiar on Nexus devices), then the M8 is worth a look too. Battery life is pretty good, runs smooth as silk, excellent display, and the speakers can't be beat. It also apparently looks like the iPhone 6S. I remember seeing several people claiming their M8 was mistaken for the 6S, some even before the 6S was released.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

The Nexus 6 is great in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

been looking and comparing on the ATT site. I do like the LG G3 for the removable battery and micro sd card slot. The Nexus 6 dimensions are bigger than my iphone 6 plus.

does the G3 have bloat wear?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Google Now is a launcher. TouchWiz is a launcher. You can run any launcher on any phone. If you want a microSD card and a removable battery (those are two of my 3 musts - the third is that an Otterbox Defender is made for the phone), you're pretty much limited to LG and Samsung. (And it looks as if Samsung is giving them up, so you'll be limited to LG, until they give them up, then you'll be limited to keeping an older phone or giving up the card and the removable battery - and I think it took a moron to come up with the idea of eliminating them.)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Google Now is a launcher. TouchWiz is a launcher. You can run any launcher on any phone. If you want a microSD card and a removable battery (those are two of my 3 musts - the third is that an Otterbox Defender is made for the phone), you're pretty much limited to LG and Samsung. (And it looks as if Samsung is giving them up, so you'll be limited to LG, until they give them up, then you'll be limited to keeping an older phone or giving up the card and the removable battery - and I think it took a moron to come up with the idea of eliminating them.)

I don't know that Samsung is moving away from the removable battery and SD card. They only have made the S6 that way so far. We don't know if the S line is going to continue that direction or not it.

I really don't see the Note series going that way, it is totally different than the South series.

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

just asking...............has anyone tried the BLU series of smartphones?

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

sold my iphone 6 plus last night. I got a BLU Studio X Plus and so far................GREAT! removable battery, micro sd card, no bloat wear and android 4.42

does the stuff I need. best part...............got it at Best Buy for $141 tax included!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky