I Wish I Didn't Have To Use A Case

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Phones are a very big purchase/investment for me, so I've always done my best to take care of them and make them last. I've always used some sort of protective case on my phones. The Note 9 is the biggest phone I've ever had. It's been in a UAG Plasma case since day 1. I took it out today to clean it and couldn't help but notice how great it feels in the hand without a case. I wish more than anything that I could go without a case. I don't have the extra income to spend hundreds of dollars on a screen replacement, or even worse several hundred on a new phone. Anyone else feels this way?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Phones are a very big purchase/investment for me, so I've always done my best to take care of them and make them last. I've always used some sort of protective case on my phones. The Note 9 is the biggest phone I've ever had. It's been in a UAG Plasma case since day 1. I took it out today to clean it and couldn't help but notice how great it feels in the hand without a case. I wish more than anything that I could go without a case. I don't have the extra income to spend hundreds of dollars on a screen replacement, or even worse several hundred on a new phone. Anyone else feels this way?

Yelp. I love how the note9 feels without a case. But, 99% of the time it's in it's case. I'll take it out when I'm going to be sitting down on couch for awhile where it would have a soft landing if it fell. Guess it is one of the prices we pay for something we love.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
yeah note 9 is one of the best curve screen phones to hold naked and it has more meat to hold so it's not as slippery as my S9+ was...I feel sometimes I can go naked ...but accidents happen...so I use it naked at home...

Last edited:

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a good and affordable insurance plan available so that it wouldn't matter so much if it got banged up and you could have piece of mind when going naked. It seems like you have to pick one or the other, good OR affordable.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a good and affordable insurance plan available so that it wouldn't matter so much if it got banged up and you could have piece of mind when going naked. It seems like you have to pick one or the other, good OR affordable.

Look up worth Ave group. Great coverage and cheap deductibles!

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Never been a case guy myself. I go skinned.
f7dd8758d3ff6c6b790b63a25bde5831.jpg

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've owned about 20 smartphones. I've dropped every single one. The good thing is that my note 8 survived several drops with only a slim TPU case and no screen protector. They are getting more durable.

Get this case and screen protector and don't give someone $300 over the course of 2 years (not to mention $100 deductible). It feels pretty close to naked.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9P52H...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6329887

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3XZWF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6329887

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I mostly use my phones without a case, you kind of learn how to safely use them (eg. not taking the phone out when you're over a concrete surface), but accidents can't always be prevented. I've gotten more paranoid about drops as I've gotten older, so I just make sure to choose the coolest, most stylish case I can find for days I'm not rocking my phone naked. You may sacrifice protection when you go that route, but IMO it's nicer to get a great looking case than ruin the phone's looks with an OtterBox, or with skins. Most of them look awful IMHO.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly why I never get all twisted up on the color of the phone like many people do. It spends almost its whole life in a case anyway and the majority of people (in my observations) do not use a clear case.
A skin, though much thinner than a case and certainly not offering the shock protection from drops, skin obscures the phones color. ??????

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm more of a skin guy myself but the blue sticking out from a black skin drives my ocd crazy. really wish they released the black here in the states during preorder.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm more of a skin guy myself but the blue sticking out from a black skin drives my ocd crazy. really wish they released the black here in the states during preorder.
Same boat here. That's why I settled on the blue Honeycomb. The skin matches the unskinned sides pretty well.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The device is much thinner without a case and I love it. But I spent $1,330 and some change on my blue 512GB off Amazon and there's no way I'm handling this device without a sturdy case. I have it in a Lifeproof Next and I'll be switching between that and the Otterbox Defender.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The Note 8 felt better in my opinion. But anyway, there's some days I go without a case. I have a Squaretrade warranty and it seems to be the best option nowadays. plus, I'm very careful with my phones. I can't believe I see so many cracked screens when see other people's phones. Smartphones have never been cheap to purchase, so I've always been very mindful of how and when I handle mine.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site

You can always get this clear ESR case and use a screen protector.

I bought it and used if for about a day, and it does showcase the phone, but since I don't like screen protectors (I feel they take something away from the screen colors) I went back to my Black Samsung LED case and left the worries of screen scratching behind. That's me.

Regardless, if you want to showcase the phone and don't mind screen protectors, that clear ESR case would work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moh3_99