I9300 ROM to SPH-L710 ROM

Fredo Fosco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have ANY information on how to do this?!?! I can't find anything on the internet, and if you guys could help me I would be sooo appreciative! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Fredo Fosco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know, but I'm trying to convert a gsm rom to cdma. Once that is done, I can add the Sprint APNs. Do you know how to convert it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know, but I'm trying to convert a gsm rom to cdma. Once that is done, I can add the Sprint APNs. Do you know how to convert it?

This won't work. GSM and CDMA are radios (hardware) in the phone so a software change wouldn't help.

Fredo Fosco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
But what makes a rom GSM or CDMA? Are there specific files that I could switch out with a Sprint rom that would allow me to do this?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
But what makes a rom GSM or CDMA? Are there specific files that I could switch out with a Sprint rom that would allow me to do this?
Negative.

You can't convert a GSM phone to CDMA by ROM. There aren't any files that can change that.

Fredo Fosco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks so much for your answer! If you don't mind me asking, why is this? What makes a GSM rom different from CDMA? I know that GSM and CDMA are different radios, but why can't the files just be changed?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks so much for your answer! If you don't mind me asking, why is this? What makes a GSM rom different from CDMA? I know that GSM and CDMA are different radios, but why can't the files just be changed?
In this case, its not the files but the ROM is designed for the different chipset. So it still boils down to a hardware difference.

Fredo Fosco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
So that's what it is... I've spent the last three weeks looking for an answer to this. You guys have been really helpful, this is my first post and I got much more help than I expected!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24