Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I dunn did bad...got to the white screen..clicked "Fastboot", then "Recovery"..got a black screen with the red caution sign in it and an exclamation point..what I do now?

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Everything came back up fine...as you guys can tell, novice is not the word to describe my greenearriness (if such a word exists..if not, # it) with downloading and installing anything not OTA..so please help and reply with wove...lol!

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If you downloaded the ics ruu all you have to do is put it on the root directory of your external ad card, not the one built into the phone. Rename it to PH98IMG. Turn the phone off. Hold the volume down and hold the power button until you see the white screen. Release both buttons. Your phone should find the ruu and say its loading. Should see a vertical bar on the top right side of your screen. Wait for it to load and follow the onscreen directions. It will take a bit and may restart your phone once. When it completes it will say press power to reboot and it should be done.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you downloaded the ics ruu all you have to do is put it on the root directory of your external ad card, not the one built into the phone. Rename it to PH98IMG. Turn the phone off. Hold the volume down and hold the power button until you see the white screen. Release both buttons. Your phone should find the ruu and say its loading. Should see a vertical bar on the top right side of your screen. Wait for it to load and follow the onscreen directions. It will take a bit and may restart your phone once. When it completes it will say press power to reboot and it should be done.

This accept flash it twice. When it is don't the first time it will prompt you to restart your phone. Tell it to restart. As soon as it starts to power down hold the vol down button. It will reboot to bootloader again and you will do the same thing. It will be quicker though this time. When it is done let it restart normally

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure why everyone makes ruu's hard. Download the ruu, plug in your phone while booted up connect the usb from computer to phone, start the ruu directly from the computer. It will do all the work for you

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure why everyone makes ruu's hard. Download the ruu, plug in your phone while booted up connect the usb from computer to phone, start the ruu directly from the computer. It will do all the work for you

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

correct me if i am wrong, but these are not real ruus i dont think. everyone calls them that, but they are not executable files and have to be flashed threw hboot as described.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
correct me if i am wrong, but these are not real ruus i dont think. everyone calls them that, but they are not executable files and have to be flashed threw hboot as described.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

All the ones I have seen are just that. Maybe since the release is near we might get an actual ruu like he is talking about. Those things are easy and operate just like he said, although the ones we have now aren't to terribly hard.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No you can get the RUU. most of the time what you will download is a zip. just extract the exe from there

Edit: I hope i didnt come off as bit**y with my comment. I just find the renaming, moving, button combos....tedious

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMA17