If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EVO3D?

dkmrules

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: If You Knew Then What You Know Now,Would You Still Buy The EV

Would I buy it TODAY...... no, I would go Epic 4g Touch in a heartbeat

But, after owning mine for 6 months, (and impressing a few females with the 3d camera) I still like it, and would still buy it again.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Would I buy it TODAY...... no, I would go Epic 4g Touch in a heartbeat.

I recently got my wife an Epic 4g Touch (amazingly she wanted one, she's never shown any interest in having a smartphone at all before) and I love the screen, battery life, camera and lightness. The EVO 3D is a great phone and I'll have no problem using it until I'm eligible for an upgrade but given the choice of either right now I'd go with the Touch.

Reactions: hoey093

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I recently got my wife an Epic 4g Touch (amazingly she wanted one, she's never shown any interest in having a smartphone at all before) and I love the screen, battery life, camera and lightness. The EVO 3D is a great phone and I'll have no problem using it until I'm eligible for an upgrade but given the choice of either right now I'd go with the Touch.
Would i buy the evo 3d again? Actually i did and realized that it was draggy n sorta sluggish. Idk if it was htc sense or the phone but they both was meh imo i mean dont get me wrong its a dual core and it has speed but after playing around on the new samsung galaxy epic touch i cant see my self downgrading due to the ep touch is blazing fast and the screen is amazing...People do talk about teh build quality and yea its a bit lighter but its not really that bad once you get a true feel for it and its a bit wider but it fits in the hand just right

bornalawyer

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Managing a retail location that sells Sprint, Verizon, and ATT I have the opportunity to see and use a lot of equipment. I would absolutely buy the EVO 3D again. Don't get me wrong the S2 is a great Android phone. I personally am not a huge Apple fan because of the limitations in customizing it, I'm not fond of their closed-source politics, nor the way they conduct business (control freaks), in fact when 4S was released I sold a ton of them and, as expected, my Gross Profit Margins instantly dropped - Apple sets their pricing & they don't want anyone but themselves to profit to much. They also see the writing on the wall (flashback 1980's) & know that Android is progressing (open source) at a much quicker pace, their answer has been to Lawyer-Up, file suits (losing most so far), and try to slow down the competition that way, (as opposed to fostering a more developer friendly culture).

But I digress... over the last 2 years I have sold more HTC phones than anyother single manufacturer and with, by far, the fewest returns. The Qualcomm dual-core processor is a beast, capable of more than HTC's stock ROM demands. At my retail location, we except Trade-In's, HTC consistently has a higher trade-in value than any other Android, especially over Samsung. Samsung makes the best screens around (a significant amount of manufacturers use Samsung screens in their products) but the long-term quality of their devices does not hold up to HTC.

HTC's Sense takes a lot of memory and can be cumbersome but that's exactly why we root our devices than strip and customize the crap out of the software. The Hardware is still at the top of options available, so until the next huge technology shift, it's the EVO 3D 4ME, all day long baby.

bornalawyer

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

To each their own... I've had way more Photons returned, at my mobile store. I've sold more 3Ds by a huge margin and since its release my EVO 3D returns are in the single digits.

6sigma

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

With 20-20 hindsight, no, I wouldn't have bought the EVO 3D. I'd have held out for the Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus or (futures) Galaxy SIII.

The EVO 3D was my first Android phone. Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with the phone from August 2011 through July 2013. In addition to the ones mentioned, I'll be missing some great Android phones having bought what I did when I did. :(

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

With 20-20 hindsight, no, I wouldn't have bought the EVO 3D. I'd have held out for the Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus or (futures) Galaxy SIII.

The EVO 3D was my first Android phone. Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with the phone from August 2011 through July 2013. In addition to the ones mentioned, I'll be missing some great Android phones having bought what I did when I did. :(

Yea man the galaxy s series is sick phones.. I had the evo 3d but after going to samsung i dont believe i could honestly look back

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I have no real problem with my 3D...no buyers remorse. To be honest I never really think about what else is out there.

My 3D does what I need it to do and gets the job done just fine.

That said...I would probably of held out for the Galaxy S2 or maybe even the Nexus.

I never even use the 3D aspect of my phone...lol

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Any particular reasons why? The GSII screen size is a bit larger than the 3D, but the pixel count is higher on the 3D and it doesn't have the oversaturated colors of Samsung. The build quality of the 3D seems much more solid in hand due to less plastic, but it's heavier. Are there reasons why you would have chosen the Sammys instead? Just curious. The 3D is awfully capable regardless of whether you bother to use the 3D effect.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Anyone move from the EVO 4G to the 3D? Better, worse or same?

3D will get ICS, but when it does there will hopefully be a couple of new thinner HTCs out running ICS out of the box.

Considering giving up on EVO 4G, but is anything like the 3D or GSII really worth moving to at this point with several ICS devices hopefully coming in spring?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No problems on my EVO3D from day one til now. Running warm 2.3 with anthrax and no problems to speak of besides my phone is extremely insane fast. Antutu score 7165 at 1836 mhz using ziggys test kernal. This phone is a beast.

Sent from my PG86100

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Anyone move from the EVO 4G to the 3D? Better, worse or same?

3D will get ICS, but when it does there will hopefully be a couple of new thinner HTCs out running ICS out of the box.

Considering giving up on EVO 4G, but is anything like the 3D or GSII really worth moving to at this point with several ICS devices hopefully coming in spring?

I went from EVO4G to EVO3D. My son is using the 4G now. To me, the 3D is a step up in terms of battery life and capability on processor-intensive activities. Otherwise, the 4G is still a really solid phone almost two years into its life.

The 3D, Photon, and E4GT are good phones, but if you can hold off, I wouldn't burn an upgrade on anything that Sprint offers right now. Wait for the new ICS phones.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sell it. Buy a new phone then. You're not stuck with anything. My contract is up in June 2013 but I can buy any phone I want. Later this year I'll sell the evo and buy a used nexus or something. Being stuck is your decision

CokoPhenom

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

I Personally love my phone...STILL couldn't see myself with anything else as of right now

But one thing i noticed is... i got the purple version and my boyfriend got the black. His phone had the shut off/rebooting all kind of problems within the first month of us getting our phones. I can't count how many times i had to hard reboot that phone! We finally took it to a sprint store 3 days ago and the rep did something and the phone hasn't had any problems since...(crosses fingers)

My phone has not had ONE problem tho since we got em. I think they are sending out defective black versions because more people order that color and end up sending them back because of problems

Sprint know they're dead wrong..:-\

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would have still bought it. I don't care about upgrades, if I want something ill get it. Probably around Aug I will get whatever brand new sprint LTE phone is out. One year is about how long I will use a device, then I hand it down to one of the other 5 lines I have. This evo 3d is still a beast and I am and have been very happy with it. If your always worried about what's around the corner you will never have anything new and once you get something new no matter how long you wait there is always something better right around the corner.

Galaxy tab 10.1

moonpie28

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is still a good phone, especially rooted. I have a 3D TV and bought the hype and used it for a month. I don't think I'd buy it now though. I like to buy on the real leading edge so the phone will last me a year or so. Had an original EVO that I gave to my girlfriend when she bought me this. Anyhow I'll probably buy a quad core with 2 gigs of memory when they come out (as long as you can root, that's a deal breaker). What's also kept me enjoying these two phones is I live in a good 4G area. If I had to live on the 3G I get in some areas I'd be very frustrated. Love tethering.

PS The upgrade to ICS will keep me on this phone an extra 3-6 months at least. It's specs are still solid but would wait for Nexus or more at this point if buying new.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Still love this phone. My next device will be HTC's first Sprint LTE phone :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackybeny