I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
z06mike,

of a mute button. never said it was hard, it's not user friendly. big difference.

Not trying to be mean or rude, but how is that not user friendly?? It's a swipe down and a tap and your done.

Also, to mute with the volume key, turn it all way down to vibrate, then let off and tap volume down again and it will mute.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It does. It;s the first iPad to have that much. I'm talking about previous iPads. I still have the 1st generation Retina Mini and I had original iPad Air which I sold in October.

You said iPads .....never said which .....anyways who cares if it refreshes imo idc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am, and I can't do it. Apparently others can't either. Not sure if it's a carrier thing. It goes to vibrate but not mute.... which when I am in a business meeting would be nice to not turn my phone on to mute it.

I can mute mine with volume rocker it goes to vibrate then silent. I'm on verizon. Maybe it's different per carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I am, and I can't do it. Apparently others can't either. Not sure if it's a carrier thing. It goes to vibrate but not mute.... which when I am in a business meeting would be nice to not turn my phone on to mute it.

Not sure if there's a difference per carrier, but when I volume down with the toggle I get volume-ramp/vibrate/mute

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, this is the best phone I've ever owned. It does what I need, and want, it to do. It is as fast as I need it to be. The screen is great. Of course, I'm not the techno geek that many are, so my opinion may not mean much. To each his/her own.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Man, saying that the Note 4 is junk is a tough statement. I owned the Note 4 for a couple of months and I thought that it was arguable the best electronic device I had ever used. I did switch back to the iPhone 6 Plus, but that was after a lot of debate. And to be honest, if not for iMessage and FaceTime, I would not have switched. Sure, the apps are better on iOS, especially the game apps. iOS is smoother. But, the Note 4 offers such a unique experience. It is insanely packed with features and most of them are absolutely brilliant. And it does lag, but it's nowhere near bad enough to eclipse everything that it offers. The Note 4 is the most powerful smartphone I have ever used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exact same reasons I'm tempting a switch back. EVERYONE I work with & my family has an iPhone. I have zero cell service in my office. imessage & FaceTime was super slick.

Sent by my Note 4 on Tapatalk

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Tbh the camera wasnt as good as i expected it to be. I might switch to iphone 6 plus later on.

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
While I love my Note 4 for many reasons, some things mentioned here should be improved.

I am also having crazy issues with my maps. My issue is not lagging as much as it is looking for GPS signal. Now, I don't know if it's the fact that I live in a huge city full of skyscrapers, but when I am turning on tiny streets trying to save time and the map stops updating because it lost the connection and is "searching for GPS" it makes my "quickest route" super lost due to me having to miss my turns and go around in traffic. I am not sure what I can do to fix this issue.

Other problems are the front facing camera and the distortion (to be fair I dont think it's a Note 4 issue, others seem to report the same problem, but this was not an issue on my Note 2).

Autocorrect is ridiculous... it corrects it without any intuitiveness to the most random word. Or when I type fast it tends to just copy what I am write twice or three times and I have to go and backspace (so much for typing fast) and I have zero idea why it does that...

Activation of single hand mode is not as easy as it used to. It now takes 10 steps instead of 2 like Note 2 had it.

How about the fact that you can't mute the phone without going into the pull down panel? Before you could do it with just volume buttons.

List goes on.... while it does some things so amazingly and better than anything out there, these daily usage things could use some updating because even though they are small, it can still be frustrating.

This.

It is a good phone, when I wrote this I was in the middle of throwing a 31 year old tantrum because the navigation sent me on a course that took 15 minutes longer than it should have.

It does a lot of things well...but the things it SHOULD do well, every day task, not party tricks, it doesn't even make sense.

I thought the iPhones autocorrect was terrible until I got this phone. Till this day, no matter how many times I remove it, this phone insist I'm typing thar instead of that.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
As I stated in my OP, yes with the S pen is easy. If i want to stop what I'm doing to use two hands and pull out a stylus to copy...then yea it works

Unfortunately I use life to its full potential, so if I'm looking to do things on the fly the phone won't allow me to.

Did you do any research before buying this phone. I think your expectations are way of base. Go back to iPhone.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I do agree this phone lags and doesn't seem faster than my note 2 was. Camera is pretty good tho.. If I want to take amazing pictures I'll get out my dslr. Can't expect everything from a single device. I have a olympus tough camera as well. Still love my note 4

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would hard reset the phone. What you describe is not normal. After that I would download a bunch of different keyboards. I use SwiftKey, I think it's great. Other people may not and use other keyboards. That's what is great about android. You can get the phone set up how you want. It does take a little time and a little research but it's well worth it in my opinion. I would also try a different nav app. I use Google maps and here but I see a lot of people like waze.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the navigation being crap. I've had the note 2, 3 and now 4 and it seems to get worse with each new phone. Pretty sure it's the Google maps app and it's bloated updates not the phone though...

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you do any research before buying this phone. I think your expectations are way of base. Go back to iPhone.

Considering I had the iphone first gen through the 5, I expected a quad core flagship with 3 gig of ram to be able to perform basic task fairly easy....

And yes, I did TONS of research between this and iphone 6 plus...why I did choose it? Considering they were both so close in true performance (supposedly) Mainly for multi tasking while texting...unfortunately the stock app sucks, so I use textra, and now I can't multi task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky