I'm still glad I have the V20

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh... The market pressured them...

Well alrighty... Who controls the market then..? The people buying correct..?

What makes people want to buy a particular cell phone..?

Advertising... Word of mouth.. Yes?

See where I am going with this?

LG was in a very unique position with the v line.. and like I said previously, they could have built a whole marketing campaign around it had they wanted to instead of just being another "me too" company.

Oh sure they set themselves different with their Dacs and amps.. But in today's society the vast majority of people wouldn't know the difference unless it really sounded terrible... Cameras are great.. and have been for a while.. and while a phones looks are important to many there comes a point which they have reached of diminishing returns because of durability... Water resistance.. It's a joke because no company warranties their phones on this.. Besides.. Just how many people jump in a pool with their cell phones...?

Advertising and word of mouth is what gets people to look.. Reviews and the sites like this one get people to consider buying..

As long as the reviewers and tech sites keep pushing every oem to copy Apple and Samsung and with no major advertising campaigns to show just how much better they are for the consumer.. Nothing is likely to change the market for people like me..

Like I said previously.. They caved in instead of standing up. They could have been really different.. Remember the wall hugger commercials?

Mac

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh... The market pressured them...

Well alrighty... Who controls the market then..? The people buying correct..?

What makes people want to buy a particular cell phone..?

Advertising... Word of mouth.. Yes?

See where I am going with this?

LG was in a very unique position with the v line.. and like I said previously, they could have built a whole marketing campaign around it had they wanted to instead of just being another "me too" company.

Oh sure they set themselves different with their Dacs and amps.. But in today's society the vast majority of people wouldn't know the difference unless it really sounded terrible... Cameras are great.. and have been for a while.. and while a phones looks are important to many there comes a point which they have reached of diminishing returns because of durability... Water resistance.. It's a joke because no company warranties their phones on this.. Besides.. Just how many people jump in a pool with their cell phones...?

Advertising and word of mouth is what gets people to look.. Reviews and the sites like this one get people to consider buying..

As long as the reviewers and tech sites keep pushing every oem to copy Apple and Samsung and with no major advertising campaigns to show just how much better they are for the consumer.. Nothing is likely to change the market for people like me..

Like I said previously.. They caved in instead of standing up. They could have been really different.. Remember the wall hugger commercials?

Mac

Agree with almost all of this except for the last paragraph. But only because I am more fatalistic about market trends.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Let's see..

Screen burn in?.... Nope

Blue tinted screens?... Nope

Ticking sounds coming from the phone?... Not hardly

Ya know... I'm still glad I am using my v20...

I had 4 people watch me change the battery out last week and one thought that I busted my phone...This was a much younger person than myself and had no idea about replaceable batteries. Lol

It's a shame that this feature is not going to be offered now..

Mac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard