Impressions OP6?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The notch is awesome when hidden, you get a screen to body ratio similar to the S9+ (very slim bezels) but completely full screen experience (no navigation bar if using gestures and not satuts bar), instead your icons of the satus bar are shown discretely on the slim top bezel feels similar to the second screen on the V20

https://www1-lw.xda-cdn.com/files/2018/05/hidenotch.jpg

Thank you for explaining, and for sharing a photo! Awesome!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I posted how I hated it just by first impressions but after I picked up the Essential (because of the price drop) and actually used it, I don't mind it and it has it's purpose I guess.

I've been a fan of OnePlus since 3.

OP does very good designs with their phones; and so though I have a dislike for notches (or, at least, I'd rather have bezels like on the Pixel 2), OP did do a good job with the notch on their phones. I also like the G7 look. Essential has a good notch too but admittedly LG and OP did it better; as those notches have a better "shape"to them, in my opinion.

anon(391898)

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The notch? I barely notice it. To me it's just a part of the phone/screen and after a week of having the phone don't really notice it at all.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Vibration motor does suck indeed. I wish while using gestures the vibration would be stronger. If it vibrates like it doescwhen using standard navbar that would be great.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
the vibration feels like my nexus 5x
dam phone feels light like it also
but it's a solid phone and the camera is not as bad ...this phone should be priced at 450 but it's a very good phone so far

hdtvguy

May 10, 2016
Visit site
So I am a big Android person and needed a new phone and was switching from Verizon to TMobile. I picked up the OnePlus 6 with 8GB and 128GB model and overall love the phone, excellent battery life compared to my old S7 Edge.

The only issue seems to be with it not always hooking up to TMobile's network. I have WiFi calling and VoLTE off and every few days the phone looks normal, but is really off network. If people call me they go,straight to voice mail and if I try to call out it sits for 15-20 seconds saying it is dialing, but comes back with no network or network failure even though it has signal bars.

I am going to open. Case with OnePlus, but if this keeps up this will be a short lived phone, such a shame.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I am a big Android person and needed a new phone and was switching from Verizon to TMobile. I picked up the OnePlus 6 with 8GB and 128GB model and overall love the phone, excellent battery life compared to my old S7 Edge.

The only issue seems to be with it not always hooking up to TMobile's network. I have WiFi calling and VoLTE off and every few days the phone looks normal, but is really off network. If people call me they go,straight to voice mail and if I try to call out it sits for 15-20 seconds saying it is dialing, but comes back with no network or network failure even though it has signal bars.

I am going to open. Case with OnePlus, but if this keeps up this will be a short lived phone, such a shame.

Do you have the phone registered with T-Mobile? Not sure if they sometimes require that, but I've had issues in the past with att and unlocked phones that weren't registered with att.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the phone registered with T-Mobile? Not sure if they sometimes require that, but I've had issues in the past with att and unlocked phones that weren't registered with att.
Thankfully there is no crap like that with T-Mobile. Just pop in the sim and if it's compatible with T-Mobile network bands you are all set. No need for T-MOBILE to register IMEI or stuff like that. Even WiFi calling and VoLTE work out of the box as long as the phone supports which OP6 does.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Maybe you should do a network reset and check your APN's settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laylone007