Indirect retailers getting training Dec. 6-8

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I live in NYC and will be in Chicago for a biz trip 12/8-12/9. If it launches on the 8th, should I just buy at a corp verizon store in Chicago or pre-order online? Verizon rep I talked to last night told me that as long as I purchase the device at a corporate store, I will be able to return or exchange (though I'm not planning to) at a store in NY.

In case of preorder, chance of me receiving the beast on 12/7 would be slim, right???

I don't know what to do.

The Thunderbolt was released when I was in Vegas for a business trip and I purchased one at a corp store there and had to return for a replacement back home in Michigan without any issues so I know you will be fine doing that.

I have no idea if you would receive it early doing a preorder if they are available, have seen a few users in AC get their devices early by preordering.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The phone will be at the Verizon shipping ports on 12/18, a Sunday. I don't know when pre-orders will be, but the launch will be 12/22 for stores.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Source or quit bs'ing..

I always find it so weird how people come out of no where and post obscure release dates. I don't quite remember how December 8th came in to play, but with everything pointing in this direction, I find it so strange that people come in with these random December dates, beyond the 8th.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I always find it so weird how people come out of no where and post obscure release dates. I don't quite remember how December 8th came in to play, but with everything pointing in this direction, I find it so strange that people come in with these random December dates, beyond the 8th.

Pretty sure that guy is just pulling it out of thin air since he is the only one saying that date when everything and it seems more points towards a dec 8th launch. Plus anyone can throw out a date with no info to back it up.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure that guy is just pulling it out of thin air since he is the only one saying that date when everything and it seems more points towards a dec 8th launch. Plus anyone can throw out a date with no info to back it up.

Agreed.

Also, I believe Dec. 8th first came about as a result of a pic of what appeared to be internal Verizon docs showing it as the launch date.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, my bro-law owns several VZW authorized retail stores and I asked him this morning when he would expect the stock he pre-ordered and he said the 8th is what he was told as of today.

Reactions: Eyehut

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope I'm wrong. I have had issues with Verizon in the past with corporate security. Releasing any source information does not help.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope I'm wrong. I have had issues with Verizon in the past with corporate security. Releasing any source information does not help.

Sure. Nice way to try and cover yourself with that excuse. Plenty of other leaks with dates get out and have proof yet you "can't release source info." BS!

Reactions: legendarydog

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sure. Nice way to try and cover yourself with that excuse. Plenty of other leaks with dates get out and have proof yet you "can't release source info." BS!
Sorry. You're right. Just like making stuff up. Releasing source info is a good way to get people fired and/or guarantee the source will not be forthcoming in the future. I believe this happens everyday in the news media. Although it is unwise to believe everything you read or hear, it is also just as unwise to dismiss information because someone cannot reveal the source. Grow up.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. You're right. Just like making stuff up. Releasing source info is a good way to get people fired and/or guarantee the source will not be forthcoming in the future. I believe this happens everyday in the news media. Although it is unwise to believe everything you read or hear, it is also just as unwise to dismiss information because someone cannot reveal the source. Grow up.

Yeah because you have just had all kinds of "sources" in the past? Sorry there are plenty of ways to block stuff out as seen with all the leaks from vzw sources and not get anyone fired. Sorry lame excuse.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a email confirming the trainings. It is possible that the release could be the 8th if it is done at noon. I keep looking into my incoming inventory and do not see it as of yet so maybe the best buy 11th date is a receive date and we all sell it on the 15th. I see this as realistic the 22nd is possible if there is a real issue but I really think it's gonna be the 15th. Another reason is my water damaged droid x just died and I had to do a insurance claim but I can give this to my wife as a upgrade from her alias 2 if she wants. Anyway now it's out there that big red is getting it for sure and is not backing out and the odds a 99% it will be this month.:D

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as several other sources, documents, and leaks point to a different date than the one you're saying (and you happen to be the only one that I've seen that thinks it'll be those dates you mentioned), I'm sure a wager would be kind of dumb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe