Infuse Screen Shots -- Post What You Got!

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's a few of my current screens. Running Infused 2.2.3 ROM using included TW launcher. Clock is HTC Sense widget free from the market. ToDo list widget is Any do. News / weather and calendar are stock OS widgets. Wallpaper is from the gallery here on androidcentral.

shot_000001.png

shot_000002.png

shot_000004.png

shot_000005.png

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
320f58d6-8a20-82aa.jpg

I'm non-rooted, using stock launcher.

This particular screen is not set up for aesthetics, but for utility.
This entire screen is widgets used to manage my computer’s battery, display, internect connection, data download cap, memory etc.

In the top row, first two icons are Wi-fi on/off toggle and AT&T network data on/off toggle (*) icons using Widgetsoid. I keep data off to avoid overages charges, except when I really need it. Sometimes I turn Wifi off to conserve battery if I know I won’t be surfing.

The 3rd/4th columns of that top row are the standalone "battery monitor widget" followed by Widgetsoid battery temp. Touching Battery Monitor Widget brings a wealth of battery info. Without opening the icon, we can see the level is 62%, the drain is 262milliAmps (250 milliamps for 7 hours would use 1750milliAmp*hour=100% battery life), and the battery temperature is 96F.

Now down to 2nd row from top.
The first two are related to my display. Brightness setting (currenlty 5%) and time-out delay (currently 2 minute). These are controls from Elixir Widgets. Tap brings up a list of values to easily change these settings. Very customizable.

3rd/4th columns on that 2nd row are are silent mode (no sounds, phone will vibrate according to settings), and a flashlight icon (one press and the flash is used as flashlight). These are both on/off toggle functions built using Widgetsoid.

In the 3rd and 4th rows I have two (left/right) blocks each sized at 2x2 regular icons, each suitable for holding up to 3x3=9 icons, built in Elixir.

Start with the box on the left: Wifi strength icon (53%), network strength icon (23%).
Next row below starts with my next alarm (4:45 AM Monday) based on the “clock” application. Clicking on this will bring up the clock so alarm can be adjusted. Then it has the normal settings icon.
Last row has data downloaded form Wifi since establishing Wifi connection (8.8MB), myAT&T icon to check my data usage, and data downloaded from network since last connection (currently 0 since not connected).

Now the box on the right.
First row is number of open applications (currenlty 2). I set it up so that if you click on it, it brings up the task manager (the same thing you’d get by long-pressing hope and then selecting task manger. Next to that is CPU speed (currently 200Mhz, can go up to 1.2GHz when I start doing stuff).
2nd row has free RAM (currently 170MB). I set it up so clicking on that brings up the Applications menu where I can get to manage applications/running applicacations and running services. Next to that is cpu usage (currently 26%)... if it’s low that means cpu is underutilized and getting ready to downshift or if high, it’s getting ready to upshift.
Below that is “Fast Reboot” icon (frees up a lot of memory, but not as much as if you power down and power back up). To the right of that is cache size with ability to empty... it cam with Elixir and I’m trying it out...don’t fully understand it.

Below that is the 4 bottom icons from my main home screen... don’t have the ability to put different ones here than my main home screen with the stock launcher.

I spent awhile with Widgetsoid and Elixir Widgets. Both allow a lot of customizations. Widgetsoid is easier to learn and I like the boldness of their toggle icons (there is no doubt if it’s on or off). Elixir Widgets for me has steeping learning curve, but more powerful and more features. Elixir let’s you associate many different actions with any display widget...including taking you to various points in settings menu, launching applications, taking you to Elixir non-widget program for analysing your Android. Elixir also allows you to set the refresh rate of your widgets and gives you statistics of how much processing power your widgets consume (although I haven’t quite figured out what they’re telling me yet).

I think using one or two widget engines vs a different one for each widget tends to minize the amount of overhead. Each of these appliations (Widgetsoid and Elixir) has between 4 and 8mb loaded among the running applications and running services, that doesn’t significantly increase when you add widgets.

If I really wanted to save memory, I would uninstall Widgetsoid and use all Elixir widgets. But I'm not desparate, and I like the appearance of the Widgetsoid toggles.

All widgets mentioned are free.

* The Wifi icon works fine as both a control/toggle and a display of current status. In contast, I find that the network toggle is a little flakey when used as a control and leads me to places where the display no longer reflects the correct status. Therefore I control network on/off using the menu or the power-down menu rather than this network icon... and just use this network icon as a display of current network status... when used in this manner it always displays the correct status. (which can also be confirmed by watching for data on the other icon down below).

Last edited:

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
A couple of screens from my Infuse.

Zeus build 5
ICS Theme revamped On Dope (Blue)
Mongo Toggles
Flashed UCLB3 modem

Running Go Launcher
Simple Text app for tray icons

Last edited:

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
A couple of screens from my Infuse.

Zeus build 5
ICS Theme revamped On Dope (Blue)
Mongo Toggles
Flashed UCLB3 modem

Running Go Launcher
Simple Text app for tray icons

Nice! I've had issues with the ics revamped theme. It keeps force closing, even after i reflashed it numerous times. How is it working for you?

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I sort of wish I could retract my last post. I flashed the theme. when using the ICS launcher is when I had the force close errors. This isn't Dman or Experiment's issue. They are amazing developers! This is an issue with the launcher itself. My bad! :-!

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I kept the default wallpaper from the rom because I just think it's epic and I love it. I flashed the ICS_revamped theme from Dman's thread over @ XDA, but I uninstalled the ICS launcher and use ADW ex instead with a ICS theme. The clock is Beutiful widgets and the messaging app is Handcent. Hope you like it.

SC20120228-213200.png

SC20120228-212740.png

SC20120228-212723.png

SC20120228-212931.png

SC20120228-212803.png

SC20120228-212907.png

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I've had issues with the ics revamped theme. It keeps force closing, even after i reflashed it numerous times. How is it working for you?

I haven't had any issues with FC's. Seems to be running fine on my Infuse. I love it.

I myself am using Go Launcher Ex. Have you tried that? I love the customizable features. Was considering trying ADW Launcher Ex.

I also use Go SMS, which I really like as well. A ton of customizable features.

One thing that is a bit disappointing. I haven't really seen all that much improvement in battery life since flashing Zeus. At least so far. But I use my phone quite frequently, so that comes with the territory.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine at the moment.

Running R3velation rom with ADW launcher.

Home screen - have the notifiction bar hidden in ADW. Live Wave wallpaper. The heart is direct call to honey and left of it is an invisible icon for direct text to her.

The white cirlce is circle launcher, more on this below.

Battery

Lock control to toggle whether screen locks on sleep or not.

My doc has phone, google voice, contacts, mail and camera.

Second pic shows how circle launcher looks when clicked. Pulls up whatever contacts you specifiy, dims everything else. Touching a contact calls.

Next is my #2 screen with several icons and folders for other important but less often used apps.

Nexit is my #3 screen with scrollabel news.

That is pretty much it.

The next screen shows exDialer which replaces the dailer app and contacts too.

Next pic to show notification shade, and the toggles, of which there are 14 that scroll sideways

Finally a pic of the R3velation screen that shows up when you hit the power button.

The R3velation rom is fast and easy on the battery too. Highly recommended.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with FC's. Seems to be running fine on my Infuse. I love it.

I myself am using Go Launcher Ex. Have you tried that? I love the customizable features. Was considering trying ADW Launcher Ex.

I also use Go SMS, which I really like as well. A ton of customizable features.

One thing that is a bit disappointing. I haven't really seen all that much improvement in battery life since flashing Zeus. At least so far. But I use my phone quite frequently, so that comes with the territory.

I've tried go launcher and go sms in the past and I decided to go with adw ex and handcent sms instead because I think they have better customization options.

Zeus is flawless and I was only having the issue with ics launcher 4, even after reflashing it several times. I decided to stay with adw and haven't had an issue since. My battery is great. It's 12 pm here now. I took my phone off charge at 6:30 am and still have 83% :)

I know using a different kirnal or modem firmware usually help with battery life. I use entropy's daily driver for my kernal and UCLB3 for the modem. You can flash both in CWM. Give that a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine at the moment.

Running R3velation rom with ADW launcher.

Home screen - have the notifiction bar hidden in ADW. Live Wave wallpaper. The heart is direct call to honey and left of it is an invisible icon for direct text to her.

The white cirlce is circle launcher, more on this below.

Battery

Lock control to toggle whether screen locks on sleep or not.

My doc has phone, google voice, contacts, mail and camera.

Second pic shows how circle launcher looks when clicked. Pulls up whatever contacts you specifiy, dims everything else. Touching a contact calls.

Next is my #2 screen with several icons and folders for other important but less often used apps.

Nexit is my #3 screen with scrollabel news.

That is pretty much it.

The next screen shows exDialer which replaces the dailer app and contacts too.

Next pic to show notification shade, and the toggles, of which there are 14 that scroll sideways

Finally a pic of the R3velation screen that shows up when you hit the power button.

The R3velation rom is fast and easy on the battery too. Highly recommended.

R3velation is a sweet rom, but I can't get enough of Zeus. Your screens look nice! Thanks for sharing.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
R3velation is a sweet rom, but I can't get enough of Zeus. Your screens look nice! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Zeus was nice. I only went to R3v becuase Dman said it was better. Not sure if that is true or not, but it is good also, and haven't had any reason to flash back.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Zeus was nice. I only went to R3v becuase Dman said it was better. Not sure if that is true or not, but it is good also, and haven't had any reason to flash back.
R3velation is good, but Zeus feels better to me and I really love it. Zeus 6 was just dropped with a new ics theme, which you can see below. You can also see the text I got from at&t... Lame!

I saw someone say that R3velation was snappier than Zeus in the r3velation thread and D replied "not hardly" lol..
Take that as you will. ;)
209ac122-9af1-3697.jpg
209ac122-9b2f-eaed.jpg
209ac122-9b4d-b247.jpg
209ac122-9b64-97de.jpg

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
R3velation is good, but Zeus feels better to me and I really love it. Zeus 6 was just dropped with a new ics theme, which you can see below. You can also see the text I got from at&t... Lame!

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

Super lame. The days of truly unlimited data plans are numbered... Wouldn't really be an issue for me if I had Wifi connection at work but, alas, I do not. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001