Initial AT&T Nexus 6 Shipments Being Recalled

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What they get for tinkering with Nexus Software and putting that tramp stamp on the back.... lol... but a simple software bug you'd think could just be fixed with some sort of OTA updated??????

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Makes ya wonder how much ATT junk is intertwined with the stock software and how updates to those devices are going to go.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
What they get for tinkering with Nexus Software and putting that tramp stamp on the back.... lol... but a simple software bug you'd think could just be fixed with some sort of OTA updated??????

It's during the setup process. It's a firmware issue so that wouldn't work. I feel really bad for those that got this device through AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
oops.

Got a plan on T-Mobile (wife and daughter) while I use AT&T as I travel more for work (and hunting in West Texas). Bought my Nexus 6 through T-Mobile unlocked to use on AT&T. Glad I went this path versus ordering it through AT&T which I almost did.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't just putting the factory images on the device vs what came on AT&T solve the problem? Assuming someone is willing to do this?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They should have just left it alone, without any help or additions from the carriers the Nexus 6 was ready to rock and roll on every US Network.... Doesn't even look like Sprint did anything to a stock Nexus 6, I know T-Mobile didn't touch it.. Just a download of the My T-Mobile app (which you can then delete) when you first boot up on their network.......

If AT&T did these little tweaks can you imagine what the Verizon Nexus 6 is going to be like???

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
They should have just left it alone, without any help or additions from the carriers the Nexus 6 was ready to rock and roll on every US Network.... Doesn't even look like Sprint did anything to a stock Nexus 6, I know T-Mobile didn't touch it.. Just a download of the My T-Mobile app (which you can then delete) when you first boot up on their network.......

If AT&T did these little tweaks can you imagine what the Verizon Nexus 6 is going to be like???

It'll have a futuristic themed commercial and be called the Droid Nexus 6.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I dont do business with at&t. They are so determined to put crap on their phones. Just let the Nexus be. Sucks for the people on their network.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I dont do business with at&t. They are so determined to put crap on their phones. Just let the Nexus be. Sucks for the people on their network.

Funny they would muck up a perfectly good phone but yet the will allow just about any device that is compatible to their network and will take a SIM card go... My Motorola device would work just fine on their network if I just swung by their store or even a Walmart and bought an AT&T SIM card... I think they do this kind of thing for the regular Joe who doesn't know bloat from a hole in the ground.... They think they are improving the user experience by adding in their little things.... when the regular user wouldn't know any different if it was left out anyway..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ATT has a great network and I have enjoyed many Nexus phones and unlocked phones on att. They have become heavy handed with their branded devices. I try to avoid them if at all possible unless I use my subsidy and then sell the device.

They probably left something off the Nexus 6 that allows them to track you or something stupid so they need them re formatted...Why the carriers love to remove choice so much is beyond me. With the way TMO is growing your would think they would get a clue...?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyway you slice it, this entire N6 launch has been a disaster and its really hard to believe how bad its been. (Including the problems with 5.0) I have to think that this horrible launch will lead many people to ios. I certainly am not going to sink my money into the N6 any time soon.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyway you slice it, this entire N6 launch has been a disaster and its really hard to believe how bad its been. (Including the problems with 5.0) I have to think that this horrible launch will lead many people to ios. I certainly am not going to sink my money into the N6 any time soon.

Agree that is has been pretty bad. If any other OEM did this poorly, they would be getting skewered endlessly in the blogs. Not sure why Google gets a pass...or at least a quasi pass.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick