Initial AT&T Nexus 6 Shipments Being Recalled

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
so you disagree with these numbers?

To be honest I understand that everyone have different experience but I used iPhone 6 plus for a month and I have to say the battery is amazing but I feel iOS is so boring and I really miss android so I switch to nexus 6 and not disappointing..

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
so you disagree with these numbers?
It wouldn't be hard to disagree with the numbers of just about any battery life test as each individuals usage will vary in the real world. Phone Arena doesn't even disclose the specifics of the script they use so there's lots of room for disagreement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't be hard to disagree with the numbers of just about any battery life test as each individuals usage will vary in the real world. Phone Arena doesn't even disclose the specifics of the script they use so there's lots of room for disagreement.

i'll take a scientific test over "gut feelings" any day.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i'll take a scientific test over "gut feelings" any day.
What's scientific about it? It could be a poorly constructed test. We have no way of knowing because we don't know the specifics of the script being used. Not every test that simply measures something is scientific.

Furthermore using a single test that you don't know much about and basing your opinions off of it isn't very scientific either.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
What's scientific about it? It could be a poorly constructed test. We have no way of knowing because we don't know the specifics of the script being used. Not every test that simply measures something is scientific.

Furthermore using a single test that you don't know much about and basing your opinions off of it isn't very scientific either.

i trust Phone Arena's testing methods. you can choose not to and conduct/find your own tests.

"Our settings are definitely consistent from test to test. Phone screens are always set to 200-nit brightness, and their software settings are equally adjusted so that one doesn't draw more power than the other."

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i trust Phone Arena's testing methods. you can choose not to and conduct/find your own tests.

"Our settings are definitely consistent from test to test. Phone screens are always set to 200-nit brightness, and their software settings are equally adjusted so that one doesn't draw more power than the other."
I know I can. I'm simply pointing out that holding up one test and going "so you disagree with these numbers?" doesn't mean much. It's one test. There's no consensus yet and that person's usage of both phones may cause them to experience different results in terms of battery life for each of the phones. There's only but so far these tests can go.

I don't really put any weight into anyone touting the accuracy of their own testing methods. Everyone thinks their own testing methods are superior otherwise they'd probably do something else.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I know I can. I'm simply pointing out that holding up one test and going "so you disagree with these numbers?" doesn't mean much. It's one test. There's no consensus yet and that person's usage of both phones may cause them to experience different results in terms of battery life for each of the phones. There's only but so far these tests can go.

I don't really put any weight into anyone touting the accuracy of their own testing methods. Everyone thinks their own testing methods are superior otherwise they'd probably do something else.

you're killing me. my point in asking "so you disagree with these numbers?" was to see how his real world experience compares with the battery life numbers of their test.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
you're killing me. my point in asking "so you disagree with these numbers?" was to see how his real world experience compares with the numbers of their test.
Well you might have wanted to ask the question differently as it didn't seem to produce the desired response. Something like "Did you find the iPhone 6 lasted longer in your usage." would have come across entirely different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick