Insane Battery Life issue

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey there. I'm working off of my DInc2 for almost everything now and I have a huge problem. I charged my Phone overnight last night and I woke up this morning after it said the battery was at 100 percent. I took it off the charger, turned the screen off and walked away for a minute. Literally a minute. I came back and my phone said I had 30 percent battery. After doing a factory reset of my phone and charging it, the battery has decreased to 14 percent and will not go any higher. It's actually going DOWN while it's charging. I have everything off except cell service, no Bluetooth, wifi 3G gps, anything. I really dont want to spend money on a replacement phone and I don't want to use my upgrade until a truly epic 4g phone comes out. Any ideas for what I can do in this situation or ven how to fix it? I'm running stock gingerbread by the way. Once I get to a computer, I'll upload the truly sad photo showing a drop from 100 percent to 30 on 1 minute 11 seconds of battery. Thanks in advance all.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That's horrible. I don't like to hear stories like that. Even when I've had a rogue app on my phone, the battery has not decreased that much so quickly.

My instincts tell me that there is something wrong with the battery or possibly a software glitch. Your DI2 is definitely under warranty. Go to a Verizon store with a tech station and explain the problem. They will probably offer to exchange the battery first. If that doesn't work, they should offer to replace the phone.

Try it. You have nothing to lose except some of your free time.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Settings > about phone > battery > battery use

Do above steps to see what is really draining your battery. The display should be taking the bulk of the power. But the rest should be less than 10%

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Could also be a bad battery or charger. Try another charger. If it doesn't charge have Verizon replace the battery

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You may not need to replace your phone. It sounds like your issue is the battery itself. You can find battery replacements that are good (price and quality) on Amazon.com.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Just to rule out a few things, is your phone getting hot while the battery is draining that quickly? If something on/with the phone was actually draining the battery that quickly, the battery would get smoking hot.

If not, there's two possibilities - either the battery isn't maintaining a charge, or it's not actually starting at 100%, even if it's being reported as. If the battery isn't able to maintain a charge, it's probably shot and you'll have to replace the battery. The phone itself is probably fine. If it's not actually charging to 100%, you can try this:

1- Charge the battery until the phone reports 100%.
2- Shut down the phone but keep it on the charger.
3- Keep an eye on the notification LED, it's orange while the battery is still charging, green once it's full.
4- Note how long it takes to turn green, if the battery was truly at 100% as reported by the phone when turned on, it should only take a short while (30 seconds to at most a minute or two) for the LED to turn green (indicating a 100%) now that the phone is turned off. If it takes 5, 10, 15 or more minutes, it means that the battery wasn't at 100% even when the phone indicated it was.
5- Once the LED turns green, take the phone off the charger, let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute and put it back on.
6- Again, note the amount of time it takes for the LED to turn green. Once green, take the phone off the charger, let it sit for a minute and then put it back on the charger.
7- Repeat this until the LED turns green within about a minute of returning it to the charger. Only then is the battery actually fully charged.

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to rule out a few things, is your phone getting hot while the battery is draining that quickly? If something on/with the phone was actually draining the battery that quickly, the battery would get smoking hot.

If not, there's two possibilities - either the battery isn't maintaining a charge, or it's not actually starting at 100%, even if it's being reported as. If the battery isn't able to maintain a charge, it's probably shot and you'll have to replace the battery. The phone itself is probably fine. If it's not actually charging to 100%, you can try this:

1- Charge the battery until the phone reports 100%.
2- Shut down the phone but keep it on the charger.
3- Keep an eye on the notification LED, it's orange while the battery is still charging, green once it's full.
4- Note how long it takes to turn green, if the battery was truly at 100% as reported by the phone when turned on, it should only take a short while (30 seconds to at most a minute or two) for the LED to turn green (indicating a 100%) now that the phone is turned off. If it takes 5, 10, 15 or more minutes, it means that the battery wasn't at 100% even when the phone indicated it was.
5- Once the LED turns green, take the phone off the charger, let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute and put it back on.
6- Again, note the amount of time it takes for the LED to turn green. Once green, take the phone off the charger, let it sit for a minute and then put it back on the charger.
7- Repeat this until the LED turns green within about a minute of returning it to the charger. Only then is the battery actually fully charged.

Agreed... This is the bump charge method that people used on the OG Inc. While effective, I've never had this problem with my Inc 2. I would definitely take the phone back to VZW for warranty or battery replacement, just because there is at least one thread here that talks about the lack of need for bump charging....

Sent from my DInc 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky