[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the cutt down Sim didn't work your other option is to just walk in to a Verizon store and have them give you a Sim for your s4.. you should be fine as its your phone and you are not taking an upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

GunnersFC

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price

I already have a SIM for the S4 that came with it...Couldn't I just use that one?

anrichardson

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I already have a SIM for the S4 that came with it...Couldn't I just use that one?

When you bought from eBay, did you buy new with contract? If not then just call Verizon and get the phone onto your plan. You bought it off contract (outright).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Walk in to a Verizon store with phone in hand and have them put it on to your account. You said you bought it on eBay so it yours and you ain't getting a subsidized phone so your unlimited data should stay intact.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price.

I am new on this and went thru a few of these threads. But, I could not find any answer on my question. So here is my question if any of you can help me out.
I purchased an almost new Galaxy S4 from eBay. It cam with the original SIM card. I am currently using a Droid Bionic. I trashed the screen last week, so now I would like to activate my new Galaxy S4 without changing my unlimited plan. I tried to go on line, entered the new phone ID, then it asked me for the SIM#, entered that. All was excepted, except after doing this, the online screen showed up and said that this device in not compatible with your current plan. Then it went to the next screens to pick my new plan. Obviously, the unlimited data was not a choice.

That is it in a nut shell, so my question is: How can I activate my new Galaxy S4 from my current Droid Bionic? The SIMs are different and from previous thread I glanced at, it does not help to cut the current SIM from my Droid Bionic.

I appreciate anyone's experience out there on this.

Thanks!

If you bought this phone outright, no contact and not an upgrade, did all you have to do is walk into a Verizon store and have them give you a SIM abs activate it. They can't just change your plan, that's the whole point of buying a phone outright like that.

MrPib

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Or can anyone tell me if they have done this successfully via a secondary line.
I did this on a secondary line a couple of days ago, and the phone shipped already. The Best Buy site never gave me an option to keep my existing plan, though I only tried twice. Instead, I upgraded from my cell phone, using BB's mobile site. Got a screenshot showing the order# and "Keep Existing Data and Services".

GunnersFC

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks to all! I will try to do the walk-in...Probably the best way. I appreciate all your experience in helping me! Thanks to all!

billydove

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I have never been able to order it successfully off the 2nd line...nor had any success ordering it off the 2nd line after transferring the upgrade.

My friend has showed me how he successfully did it. He transferred his upgrade from his 2nd line to his primary on the BB site, then backed all the way out and restarted his order by qualifying his primary line again AFTER he transferred the upgrade.

Thanky you Mthr1
This seemed to work. Transfering my upgrade from my 2nd UDP line to my main UDP line and then making the purchase. I had transfered the upgrade from the verizon site, but the BB site did not recognize that I had done the transfer. But doing it from the BB site itself did take. It has been 24hrs since my order and so far no email telling me to contact BB about any issues with my order.

Last edited:

ROMAD27

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?

Phone should be here today. VZW shows June 8, 2016 as my new date, with UDP still in place. I will update tomorrow.

FDtruckman

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks to this thread, I ordered the S5 on 6/1 from BB. I swapped the sim card from my Razr Maxx into the S5, fired right up no issues whatsoever. Activated it on 6/5, UDP still rocking!

NW05gtoWA

May 30, 2014
Visit site

So i have an odd question, i pay every month for insurance on my VZW plan, and i ordered my new phone from BB and it will be here tomorrow. Now any time down the road i brake the phone will i be able to use my insurance through VZW to get a new one?

John Klas

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Hi All -
I was about to pull the trigger using this set up and ran into a screen that I am not able to find an answer about how to proceed. Should I be selecting "get a new number for this phone" or should I port over my current number. I wasn't sure how this is tied to the sim card and don't want to lose my UDP because I selected the wrong one. Any guidance from someone that has completed this would be greatly appreciated.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Can I do this if I only have 1 line on my account by adding a new line and then switching sim cards?

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Am I able to do this if I have only one phone on my line? Can I add a new line and then put a dumb phone on the new line and add the new smart phone to the primary line?

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Contemplating doing this to upgrade from my Droid Razr Maxx to an HTC M8, but I'm worried about the sim card size difference...

Have to go from the mirco-sim in the Droid to a nano-sim in the M8...If that cut doesnt go right, Im screwed out of two phones....

Whats the real story on cutting these cards down to size....

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Even if you mess up the cut, you can just go to a Verizon store and tell them you need a sim card for the phone you bought on "ebay"

Sent from my Note 3

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

And would this new card invalidate the UDP ?

Instead of cutting it, why not go to a Verizon store and tell them I need a sim card for the phone I bought on "ebay" ?

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Just did it....Went thru the order process on the HTC site for the M8, took screen shots everywhere it said no plan change, no change in plan cost...

Will see what happens in the next few days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo