Insurance or not?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
My Wells Fargo CC also has cell phone insurance ($600 ) if you pay your cell phone bill with your CC

Yeah this seems to be a fairly standard feature. Discover used to insure all products purchased with their card until just this last month.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I break all my phones somehow so insurance is a godsend. usually when fall weather comes and I start puttoing my phine in a jacket pocket, it falls out. I also work festivals using a gimbal where my phone ends up out of its case for long periods of time. Just made a claim with asurion on a s7 edge. they replaced it with an s8 for $99. Just depends in how hard you are on your electronics.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have bought Squaretrade and Safeware because I usually buy used/refurb phones. I also have a backup phone in case something happens.

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
My company foots the bill for me to have insurance on my phone, and I'll happily take them up on that. However, if it were coming out of my own pocket, I'd really have to think about it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the total equipment coverage through Verizon for my S7, which is $9.00 a month. I am extremely careful with my phones; I NEVER drop them. I actually rarely drop anything. However, I wanted the insurance for the peace of mind, because I thought about how stressed I would feel if something did happen to my phone and how I wouldn't want to pay full price to get another one, and that amount of stress would not be worth saving $9.00 a month on my bill.

One day I had my phone on the kitchen counter, and suddenly a glass spice jar fell out of my cupboard and landed right on my phone, smashing through the glass screen protector, and completely disabling the entire screen, and thus the entire phone. I frantically called Verizon, and they directed me to the Asurion website, which is the company that they use to insure your phone. I filled out a short form online, paid $150, and had a new phone in less than 24 hours. The whole episode was stressful enough, but I can't imagine how I would have felt if I didn't have any insurance, and having to pay full price for another phone.

I suppose everyone is different, but for me, the insurance is worth it, because no matter how careful I am, freak accidents can happen (keep your phone away from spice jars). I will pay $9.00 a month for the knowledge that I can get a replacement so quickly, and I will pay a fraction of what I would have to pay for a new phone.

Assuming your S7 is more than a year old, you paid $108 in one year of premiums and an$150 deductible (total of $258) for a screen replacement and consider that a good deal? Sorry but as others have stated the financials just don't add up. Best just to set aside your own monthly premium and insure yourself.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just like the piece of mind so I'll continue to pay the carrier fee for insurance.
Nothi ng wrong with that. I do the same but with my cases. Sure I pay more and esp if I get thru the carrier. But I feel better knowing the phone is protected well

Kfife10

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Assuming your S7 is more than a year old, you paid $108 in one year of premiums and an$150 deductible (total of $258) for a screen replacement and consider that a good deal? Sorry but as others have stated the financials just don't add up. Best just to set aside your own monthly premium and insure yourself.

I completely agree, if you just add up the numbers, you're not going to come out ahead. What made it worth it for me was knowing that whatever happened to the phone (I had no idea if it was merely a screen malfunction or something more), I was going to get a new phone overnighted to me. The accident came at a time at which I had absolutely no time to take it somewhere to get it fixed, and I needed the use of a phone right away. I will pay for peace of mind and availability. I know that other people will not agree due to the math, I totally get that, so I'm not saying it's a great deal and everyone should do it. It's just my story.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe