Insurance replacement S7 screen sometimes Pink

TheSourceWhisperer

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I received a refurbished replacement from Asurion about 4 days ago, and I feel a bit unsure about it. I remember reading an article a while back that mentioned only sending customers a brand new phone, but the rep specifically said it would either be new or refurbished, so I'll be cancelling insurance in the future. Refurbs are... ugh.

The only 'glitch' that I can confirm is that it will occasionally take on a pink hue. It did it for the 2nd time about 10 minutes ago, so I took a screenshot just in case it was the website. I then manually re-adjusted the brightness down and then back to its original max brightness state (auto is not checked), and the screen returned to normal. I then checked the screenshot, but it was not pink.

I am going to mention this to VZW tomorrow, and would like any feedback on whether this is a common occurrence. Also any tips on 'stress testing' for stability would be appreciated as long as they aren't a warranty voiding action.

My original S7 fell off my knee while I had the case off and cracked slightly. This must have allowed moisture into the phone because 2 months later the bottom half of the screen went bright green, and then the entire screen failed.

Thanks.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It seems obvious to me that the refurn you received is still bad. If you can, take a picture of the phone when it's in its pink state and use it as evidence for return to Asurion.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe