iPhone 14 Pro Max to S23 Ultra... Anyone been brave enough this soon?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't ever pick on anyone for using an iPhone/Apple devices (unless we're just having fun) because I feel everyone should use what they like and whatever works they way they want.

Now, on a PERSONAL level, I LOVE how integrated Apple Devices are, BUT, I hate how locked into their infrastructure people have to be to use everything. I like Android and in particular Samsung devices for many reasons, but I have other Android devices that are not Samsung and still feel even with the major fragmentation of Android, for someone who likes to tinker and play around with settings, the look and feel, Android is far superior than Apple here.

I also like how innovative Android is. Apple did some major innovations and still has some things they have innovated well, but, they are playing catchup now.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys what they are using and having fun! :D

I'm not arsed about what devices folk use... I'm a huge fan of both Android and iOS whish I thinks a fortunate position to be in...

There are folk out there that cannot abide either/or which is sad really IMO

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I made the move from the 14 pro max to the S23 Ultra and so far I'm loving it. I used to have the note series from before and then switched to iPhone when they had the fire issues or whatever it was, but I'm glad to be back so far. I have yet to have any real issues with the camera and I use it alot for work.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just made the move about 3 days. I've been an Apple user for years and pretty deep in the ecosystem. Haven't sold my 14 pro max yet as I'm still getting a feel for the S23 Ultra.

I think the only thing I miss is Find My for my family members that are connected to me and the ease of just sending money through apple pay. Other than that the Ultra is great.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I have done that. Sold my 14 PM and got an Ultra.

I miss the camera when taking pictures on moving objects, the Ultra really sucks on that.

Then FaceID is so much better than the fingerprint reader so that's what I am missing most. And loosing iMessage is also a bit inconvenient.

But I am pretty satisfied with the rest but the iPhone 15 Pro Max will be tempting
who in the world still uses iMessage (SMS) when there are 10s of popular messaging app like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. That would be the least of a concern in today's world.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I did, when the S23 Ultra launched and I haven't looked back.

I have switched back to my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I was having issues getting text messages from people no matter if I was using Google Messages or Samsungs own messages app.

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
True and with those that just aren’t into tech. Why make something difficult when most people use their phones the way they come out of the box. Lol

I’ve tried to get everyone to use Telegram, Signal, WhatsApp, whatever and the rebuttal is always “why would I download another app when I already have one that came with my phone “

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
who in the world still uses iMessage (SMS) when there are 10s of popular messaging app like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. That would be the least of a concern in today's world.
Why use a third party app when all I know and work with use Imessage? And no iMessage is not like using SMS. Don't like either Whats App or Telegram and not many people in Sweden using those apps as iPhone is very dominating in the Swedish phone market

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Trading my iPhone 14 pro max for the s23u. Just got the s23, tbh this is my second one. Returned the first due to switching jobs taking way longer then expected. Had to play it safe and not make a big purchase. Plus the deal on the lime green 512 with trade was $460.

The main reason is I already have an iPhone I use for work which is a 13 pro. I don't really want to use 2 iPhones. I hate how buggy and annoying ios 16 is. It's one of their worst releases and it's not getting any better. Every day is just a headache with that phone.

I can't stand faceID and much prefer the fingerprint scanner. I don't really care about imessage, everyone has to deal with my green bubbles lol. The people I talk to the most is a mixed bag of android and ios. I got my family to all jump on signal as well.

I have really wanted to get back into retro handheld gaming. I figure there isn't much on the market that will beat this phone with emulators. You can't use emulators on ios without jumping through a ton of hoops.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781