iPhone 5S to Galaxy Note 3(AT&T)

Chad H

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm finally making the switch to Android and can't wait. I've always been an iPhone user but I've become very bored with it and have grown tired of the screen size. I'm done waiting for Apple to change. I just have a couple of questions. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to store my music.

1) Google Play (uploads fine but my playlists aren't populating)
2) iSyncer ( I would assume this would fix the playlists part but take up room on the phone)

Now, if I grab a micro SD card can my music be put on there by standard drag and drop or can I use iSyncer? Also didn't know because of the SD limitation of Kit Kat.

Along the same lines can my pictures/video be saved to the SD card as well?

Lastly, any tips on helping ease the switch? I've read horrors about iMessage and I'd like to avoid that problem.

Anyways, any advice is great, thanks guys!! :D

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm finally making the switch to Android and can't wait. I've always been an iPhone user but I've become very bored with it and have grown tired of the screen size. I'm done waiting for Apple to change. I just have a couple of questions. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to store my music.

2) iSyncer ( I would assume this would fix the playlists part but take up room on the phone)

Now, if I grab a micro SD card can my music be put on there by standard drag and drop or can I use iSyncer? Also didn't know because of the SD limitation of Kit Kat.

Lastly, any tips on helping ease the switch? I've read horrors about iMessage and I'd like to avoid that problem.

As far as iMessage goes, make sure you sign out of BOTH iMessage AND FaceTime on your iPhone. That way your messages will come through as regular texts on your Android phone.

Chad H

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I actually just did that. My phone isn't coming in until Tuesday so I will have my iPhone until then. This morning went ahead and switched both off and removed my iCloud(hate it) account from my phone so I have several days to text with iMessage being turned off. I also thought about calling Apple and seeing if they could remove me from any systems they might have.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

You can drag and drop music onto your SD card and it will work just fine. Music can be stored either on the device, the SD card or even in the cloud but be sure to determine if you want to disable streaming unless on WiFi. That data usage can add up if you don't. Storage location of pictures can be set from within the camera app (choose phone or SD Card). There are an incredible number of differences between iPhone and Android as far as settings and how you do things. Best bet is to read the PDF manual for the Note and also just keep reading these boards. All very useful. Music is kept in Music folder and Pictures in the DCIM folder. As for Playlists, I don't mess with this a whole lot, mostly because it's a pain. I'm sure others on here can give you the easiest method by which to do it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I actually just did that. My phone isn't coming in until Tuesday so I will have my iPhone until then. This morning went ahead and switched both off and removed my iCloud(hate it) account from my phone so I have several days to text with iMessage being turned off. I also thought about calling Apple and seeing if they could remove me from any systems they might have.

That would probably be a good idea too :)
Double Twist seems to be a good program for transferring your music from iTunes, but you should be able to put it on the Google Play Music app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Chad H

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! Anybody know about playlists and the Google cloud? Will it sort them correct? I tried before and the music would upload but the playlists wouldn't populate. The playlists names were there but no music in them.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
That would probably be a good idea too :)
Double Twist seems to be a good program for transferring your music from iTunes, but you should be able to put it on the Google Play Music app

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

I think all I did was a straight copy of my music form the iTunes folder to my SD card. Here and there I may have run into something that wouldn't play but it's a bit of a mess. I had music bought from all kinds of sources all over my computer. If you have a Windows computer, you can also use Windows Media Player to transfer to the Note

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! Anybody know about playlists and the Google cloud? Will it sort them correct? I tried before and the music would upload but the playlists wouldn't populate. The playlists names were there but no music in them.

I didn't have the patience to even deal with that so I just created my playlists on the Note although this could be a real pain if you have a lot of music. Have you tried Windows media Player? If I really cared about the music more, I would know this but I don't listen to mine enough to care enough to be aggravated.

Chad H

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I would but I'm running OSX actually. Even with the Kit Kat can you store music and tell the camera to store all pics & videos to the card?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I would but I'm running OSX actually. Even with the Kit Kat can you store music and tell the camera to store all pics & videos to the card?
Stuff like that doesn't tend to change. I've never seen an update take away that particular ability. I will say this however, Google Play DOES make you download to the phone as far as movies and tv shows. This is some kind of media rights issue. Never liked it as video tends to take up a bunch of space but not much you can do about it. I do have regular movies that I've stripped myself, stored on the SD card. It all works.

Chad H

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys, one last thing. Does DashClock work? I didn't know if it would override Samsung's stock lock screen info, if you could choose, or it just didn't work at all. Thanks!