Iris scanner or finger print. Which do you use?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick question: is Good Lock compatible with the iris scanner?

For some reason as soon as I launched Good Lock, the iris scanner is no longer an option on my lock screen. If i swipe down theres just the pin number option.

Maybe Good Lock needs an software update to be compatible?

Posted via the Android Central App
No. Good Lock does not support the Iris scanner, the Note7's AOD and other stuff that the Note's UI has as of this time.

They might be working on an update for it right now. I can only hope. It's the one thing I've always wanted from an OEM; The option to put a more AOSP-like UI without requiring a custom ROM.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I remembered an app called Gravity Screen that I had with my previous M7 and M8s so I decided to try it with my new Note 7.

I felt that by always having to wake up the screen using the home button it'll cause a lot of wear and tear.

Now with the gravity screen it wakes up once I pick the phone up and all I need to do is swipe and then aim for my eyes ?

It'll also lock the phone when you lay it down on the table.

It may not be for everyone but you can download it and try for a few days ?!?

I also noticed that my AOD screen wasn't on in since I activated the gravity screen so it may have something to do with it but no biggie.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Beyond impressed with the iris scanner. It even works in the dark! Seamless!

Posted via the Android Central App
I have to amend this a bit. While I do think the iris scanner works beautifully, a week after setting it up I'm kind of over it. I'm back to just using my thumb print since I have to press the home key anyway. It's just one less thing to think about. I might, however use it in conjunction with the thumb print for securing some sensitive, less frequently needed areas on my phone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I use both...there are times when my thumbs are wet and ive gotten into wipe fights with my phone to unlock lol...Doesnt hurt to have a alternative....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001