Irritating phone call delays

Maypo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Intermittently for the past few weeks I have been seeing an annoying behavior out of my phone. I select a person to call from the call log and it does not call, does not call, does not call - maybe up 30-30 seconds - then it suddenly places the call. Does anyone else experience this on their t-bolt?

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Intermittently for the past few weeks I have been seeing an annoying behavior out of my phone. I select a person to call from the call log and it does not call, does not call, does not call - maybe up 30-30 seconds - then it suddenly places the call. Does anyone else experience this on their t-bolt?

Several network related things can cause this issue, such as an overloaded or malfunctioning cell site. Does it happen during busy times of the day, such as during rush hour near an Interstate?

I have also seen this happen when sitting on the edge of a Network Extender's coverage area (the phone tries to use the network extender, then gives up and switches to the macro network).

This can also occur if you are sitting on the edge of a native VZW coverage area, since the phone will try to use a weak VZW signal before switching to Extended Network (roaming partner) coverage. This is becoming less common now that VZW has purchased most of their former roaming partners.

Maypo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
No skype. Not sure how that would relate.
I also see it with plenty of bars on my radio so I dont think it is related to distance to a cell tower or whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali