Is 16GB's enough?

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I really want the ONE X but I'm not sure 16gb will be enough. I know you get more storage through Dropbox but still. Will Dropbox be integrated? Is there an option to automatically store my photos that I take with my camera in my Dropbox storage? Will I have a full 16gb of storage internally or will the system take a few GB to run? Someone please convince me that the ONE X is the ONE.

I'm still up in the air for the same reason. I looked at the One X today and I'm liking it more, but the 16GB storage is killing me (not to mention the non-removable battery as well!). AT&T showed me one that never had been opened yet and found this in the Settings | Storage menu:

"16GB Internal memory"
2.3GB (or so) is available for apps
9.3GB (or so) is available for general storage

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Between Google music, Google Drive, and Dropbox, storage isn't even really an issue anymore.

Yeah... this sort of response doesn't fly. None of those are a solution to how I used to use my phone. I would store lots of videos on my phone to watch throughout the day while at work and such. A 32GB SD card was absolutely necessary. I would eat through my monthly data cap in a matter of days of I used cloud storage to watch videos, and I don't think you can stream video that way anyways. You would have to leave space on the phone to download something, watch it, then delete it so you could download another. How is cloud storage even.... helpful? I just.... it's pointless to me.

mamoon65n

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC should have launched a 32GB variant and a 64GB variant of the One X also, because 10GB of Internal Storage is not enough.
They have made a BIG mistake.
But everything else that comes with the HTC One X are awesome.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Think about it, millions of people get by with the 16GB and non-removable battery of an iPhone :)

Just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R1der2002

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I see it as a mistake if they were just thinking about people like us, But have you ever actually talked to alot of people that have these advanced phones 99% of them dont even know what they are capable of. 16 Gb will be enough for the demographic At&t is going for.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Good point! Something tells me they will develop another model with a larger capacity...

I see it as a mistake if they were just thinking about people like us, But have you ever actually talked to alot of people that have these advanced phones 99% of them dont even know what they are capable of. 16 Gb will be enough for the demographic At&t is going for.

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to followup to say that I've sprung for the HOX despite my initial storage concerns. Right now I've got 1.48GB of app space left and tons of general storage. That will change once I decide to root and when they finally get custom ROMs running.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Generally speaking 16gb is not enough but you can make it work. The more space you have the more things you will store and vice versa. Are you new to smart phones? If not you already have an idea. My current phone has 32gb, my last one had 16gb and i made it work. Do you need every single photo you take, or every media you have stored on your phone? Not really. Online storage doesntbwork for me because i don't have unlimited data. Will that work for you. Also, android devices are terrible media players.

I have 16GB. It works fine. I don't need every media file I've ever downloaded on my phone. For example, I delete videos as soon as their on YouTube. No reason to keep them anyways.

Why are android phones terrible media players?

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

NashKwalaz

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's enough if you have unlimited data like me I take pictures download a lot of videos and music but because I have one X 32 gb and have dropbox 30gb I upload my media's there and delete them on my phone to have more memory but I'd you don't then 16 isn't enough unless you don't download videos coz they the ones that eats up the memory to much

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Think about it, millions of people get by with the 16GB and non-removable battery of an iPhone :)

Just saying...

But they have an option for a 32 gig and 64 gig phone. One x does not give you that choice.. That is the key difference. And I bet most people who buy the 16 gig version don't have much media, which the OP does.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5