Is anybody else annoyed by the "exploding" note 7 fiasco?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon also stopped and is announcing soon, ok so i don't own a note 7... and i want to scream at someone about this whole thing. So for those that went through the recall, got a replacement, thought they were good - this sucks and the whole situation is ridiculous. I was so proud of how they stepped up initially, but to see those efforts flop is just terrible to watch.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon also stopped and is announcing soon, ok so i don't own a note 7... and i want to scream at someone about this whole thing. So for those that went through the recall, got a replacement, thought they were good - this sucks and the whole situation is ridiculous. I was so proud of how they stepped up initially, but to see those efforts flop is just terrible to watch.
Definitely.

I feel that whatever goodwill Samsung has earned for their swift response in the first recall has now gone.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone really believe they made 1 million new phones in 2 weeks to send out, they just re packaged and put new firmware on existing stock.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

It really burns me how this is coming about and I don't even have a Note 7. I briefly thought about it, but wanted to wait till later this year after several different phones were revealed. I do have a couple friends that are in the same boat and don't know what they're going to do. One still has the original Note 7 because her busy schedule and Best Buy foulups didn't allow her to exchange it. At this point she's going to be stuck with it for at least a couple more weeks till she can go in person to Best Buy to replace it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung suspends Galaxy Note 7 production

Hot off the press...

Samsung Elec suspends Galaxy Note 7 production

Dirty Harry... 2016

"I know what you're thinking...
Is that an original or a replacement?
Well, to tell you the truth, does it matter...
Being how this is a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the most powerful smartphone in the world and would blow you meat and two veg clean off. You gotta ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?"
Well, do you punk?
"

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wanted a Note 7. Can't easily get one. Got an S7e. It's a good phone. Between it and my Note 5 the needs will be met.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Wonder if we'll ever hear the real "root cause" of the Note 7's battery problems ???
be25ab4e46a7805c1a320ed9fe984c89.gif

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm more worried that Samsung is going to do the whole update that won't let me charge my phone if I choose to keep it. I'm worried at&t won't let me RETURN it and will make me exchange for something I don't want. The math doesn't make me too worried (but... paranoia does get me to keep an eye on it a lil more)

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I really love my Note 7 (1st one and replacement), It's a great phone. I also really wish this whole mess was over and done with.

Cheers,
BR

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm mostly annoyed with what has been two months of repeatedly setting up phones. Grateful that my phone didn't actually melt down, though. Barring any further news of lithium batteries rising and killing off civilization, I'm looking forward to getting the V20 and trying something new.